Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Oh look at the fancy owner with multiple homes....
I don't get it, can't these people just pay one of their servants to drive the vehicle down the street to their other house so they don't have to worry about it?
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
And a girlfriends house.
Phone in a tin box is the much better solution there.

Not only does it solve the unlocking problem, it prevents your wife from using "find my friend" or wondering what that other random address is that is starred in the navigator ;)

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many toys
I don't get it, can't these people just pay one of their servants to drive the vehicle down the street to their other house so they don't have to worry about it?
These comments are cracking me up! Thanks for the morning break of monotony :)

Our situation wont last forever as building at the 2nd place.

I feel like the OP on the days I get to cut grass there - the car mirrors and door handles get a marathon workout...

OverEasyGoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Wrangler, '23 R1S, '79 Scout, R2 Reserved
I fully expect the mechanisms in my door handles and mirrors to be the first parts to require replacement on my R1S for the amount of times the car unlocks and locks while in my garage.

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

I set my work as my home so I could Lock Only because it's to close and the lights keep coming on but gave up on the whole thing and just programmed my phone for double tap Vol Dn BT off and double tap Vol Up BT on. What a complete pain. I may just abandon proximity entirely and just push a button for lock and unlock. I'd use a key card but pulling it out of my wallet each time is even more annoying. It doesn't work in the wallet with other NFC cards nearby I guess.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Oh look at the fancy owner with multiple homes....
It doesn't necessarily have to be multiple homes.

It could be a parents place, work place (if I had an office close to my vehicle) or significant others.

Maybe there needs to be some other definition for it.

Maybe Saved Locations.

Keep in mind this is really just a workout for a pour implementation of PAAK and Fob as key. It wouldn't even be needed in my case if the RF range wasn't so far. Like my Jeep didn't even unlock until I was right there opening the handle.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Down the street? Haha.

More like 200+ miles away when they need to get away from people.

The Rivian is really an ideal vehicle for someone with a second home that's within the range of a single charge. I can charge at home, and then drive 220 miles where I arrive with about 50-60 miles left.

I probably wouldn't have even purchased the placed unless I had a cheap/sustainable way of getting there.

Eventually I'll move there permanently, but I'm still imprisoned by corporate America. I got around 5 years left on my 35 year sentence. :p

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I set my work as my home so I could Lock Only because it's to close and the lights keep coming on but gave up on the whole thing and just programmed my phone for double tap Vol Dn BT off and double tap Vol Up BT on. What a complete pain. I may just abandon proximity entirely and just push a button for lock and unlock. I'd use a key card but pulling it out of my wallet each time is even more annoying. It doesn't work in the wallet with other NFC cards nearby I guess.
I turned off bluetooth access to the Rivian app because it kept making weird noises when I'd work out in the garage.

This was even with passive entry turned off for the phone.

Hopefully they redid the entire passive entry system for the R2.

I also hope they'll start selling the wrist band so I can try that.

bbonkk

First Name
howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen 2cv6, Tesla Model 3, Sprinter van, BMW x5
Occupation
pain in the ass
Clubs

Maybe turn off bluetooth while at other home???

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 3 series, 2015 Outback
I’ve noticed that instead of wrapping their keys in foil, some people have been wrapping their Rivians in foil. Looks a little lowbrow but clever.

Rivian R1T R1S We need more "Home" locations! 1709321966412
Sponsored