Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I don’t care about CarPlay, but I want AirPlay/Google Cast/MiraCast. That way, when recharging or at a camp site I can watch whatever I want on the big screen. Movies etc with all those speakers. Who’s in?
Sponsored

edbeck

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software
Totally agree with this statement. I happened to get an ownership survey last week and I said the exact same thing on the survey. Being able to treat the middle screen like a TV when the truck is parked would be a massive improvement for the charging experience.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If you don’t worship CarPlay you must hate America and eat sugar coated puppies for breakfast………..apparently.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah I would totally be down for some screen casting action to watch movies and whatnot while charging. I haven't done a lot of public charging, only actually had to last week when I was on vacation. It's much less miserable than I would have thought as the climate controls work while doing it. So yes you have to sit in the car longer but it's comfortable in there. Being able to watch a movie or TV show or something would make it much better.

Plus on occasion I get stuck waiting for an appointment or something and it would be really nice to have something entertaining to do while waiting.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Honestly I'm just waiting on the aftermarket to make a little plug that comes out of the dash and back in. Leave it plugged in during driving, unplug the screen and plug in your phone when you park 😂
Or a combo sunshade/flip down TV screen courtesy of MTV's Pimp My Ride.

I'm not picky (nor serious)

Yes, please add casting, this would be delightful

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Honestly I'm just waiting on the aftermarket to make a little plug that comes out of the dash and back in. Leave it plugged in during driving, unplug the screen and plug in your phone when you park 😂
I've considered cracking the system open to see how feasible it would be, but it's a super low priority for me and I also really don't want to buy a new one when I inevitably break it.

rivian_germany

First Name
D-Rok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '22 M3LR, '09 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

According to the latest Q&A with Wassym, there will be a way to stream to the big screen in the next update. Not sure about the details though..

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I've considered cracking the system open to see how feasible it would be, but it's a super low priority for me and I also really don't want to buy a new one when I inevitably break it.
You're welcome to break mine now that the weather is warming up. So long as you meet me at the service center for an extended length Polestar 2 test drive. Thanks!

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

at a camp site I can watch whatever I want
Umm... How about catching up on the latest episode of this original series?

Rivian R1T R1S We need AirPlay, not CarPlay IMG_20230427_065348

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

AirPlay 2 support even for just audio would be nice, I guess. At least then we'd have one mechanism to play high-quality audio without the built-in apps.

Sponsored

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Airplay would handle most of my needs, well other than being able to use a better navigation app or text message integration

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
DRM is likely the biggest obstacle.

The web browser approach is a compromise but provides some connectivity. Youtube TV works in Tesla browser but it was a long journey to get Google to recognize the browser as valid.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Yeah... taking a nice hike is often not an option when you are charging in a Walmart parking lot just off the interstate.
You kidding me? Some of the best people watching is done making loops around the inside! Try your bird calls in there too, you'd be surprised what calls back 🦃