Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

After installing the lock and unlock shortcuts on my Apple Watch Ultra, I went back in to check out the other shortcuts on the Rivian list (there were quite few). However, I could not, for the life me, find them. I’ve got 18 shortcuts for Teslas, which I don’t own, but no Rivian shortcuts. They have just disappeared. Anybody have this issue or know of a way to locate the missing shortcuts?
Launch Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad
Click the + near the search field
Click Apps below the search field
Select Rivian App (or search for Rivian)
All the shortcuts available for Rivian should be visible for you to add to your shortcut.
Sponsored

Plove73or

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Prius prime, Mazda 3
Occupation
Scientist teacher
Interesting. The other morning I jumped in my R1S without my phone and it started right up. I was surprised, but clearly my watch was connected to my phone (Bluetooth and WiFi). I would have hated to have driven somewhere and gotten stranded though. Lol

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Launch Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad
Click the + near the search field
Click Apps below the search field
Select Rivian App (or search for Rivian)
All the shortcuts available for Rivian should be visible for you to add to your shortcut.
Thanks! I had tried the search feature multiple times, with no luck. This time it worked 🤷🏼‍♂️ Don’t know what I was doing wrong. Wait, I figured it out. I was using the search bar at the top of the screen, when you first go into All Shortcuts. Typing in Rivian never worked. By hitting the Select + option, a different search appears on the bottom of the screen. Typing in Rivian, in that bar, does the trick.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Interesting. The other morning I jumped in my R1S without my phone and it started right up. I was surprised, but clearly my watch was connected to my phone (Bluetooth and WiFi). I would have hated to have driven somewhere and gotten stranded though. Lol
I could see how that might happen. As soon as you are out of range of your phone, the shortcut is useless and you are SOL. Good reason to always have that Rivian card in your wallet, if you don’t have the phone.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

WHY do PEOPLE keep randomly CAPITALIZING fob? It's just poor writing mechanics.
Former military, autocarrot sees "fob" and thinks they're typing the common abbreviation for "forward operating base" and capitalizing it FOB.

One theory, anyway. I've had autocarrot turn "the" into "TE" because I typed the acronym "TE" so often on the job. Even though I very definitely typed "the".

Sponsored

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec
I have always wanted the ability to use my Apple Watch as a key, but I was getting along with the FOB, which I used a lot. Well, I did it. I lost my darn FOB 😡 Now I really, really want to be able to use the watch as a key, so I don’t always have to take my phone everywhere. At one point, early on, there was talk of Rivian making the watch a thing. Has anyone heard any more about this possibility?
Sorry for your loss. We also lost a key fob for our Ioniq 5 and it cost $400 including programming 😱😡🙄

Ironic for this topic but we have AirTags on all of our key fobs now…

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I do have AirTags and have installed them on a couple of things. They have helped me locate my keys a few times. Not sure they would have done me much good this time, however. My fob or FOB or whatever one wants to call it, is likely somewhere up on the mountain where I was skiing. Maybe it would show up in the summer, when the snow melts 😟 Anyway, it’s gone, now, and I’m not spending hundreds for a new one.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I added these SHORTCUTS to my iPhone's home screen

Rivian R1T R1S Watch as a key? 1708301734896

Sponsored

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
My iPad also has the Rivian app installed and can be used to perform various functions, including locking and unlocking doors. However, I don’t think anybody would seriously confuse an iPad as a key substitute. It won’t fit in the pocket, hang from a belt loop, or, in a perfect world, reside on a wrist. For me, having a cellular enabled watch (Apple Watch Ultra) is liberating! It means that I don’t have to make sure I have my phone in my pocket every darn time I leave the confines of my house. The watch is perfectly capable of doubling as a phone, for most purposes. Unfortunately, I now have to have the phone just to operate my vehicle, when I’m out and about 😡 The shortcuts do not offer that same functionality and are entirely dependent on the presence of the, ahem, phone. Having a key that is always on one’s person, seems like the ideal solution. Sounds like a watch, to me.

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
I too have a cellular Apple Watch - and (in addition to using it as a key) I'd love to see it connect to the car via Bluetooth so that I'm able to use the car to make and take calls if I don't have my phone.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Well, you can always make and receive calls on the watch, but it would be extra nice to do it through the car audio. With Bluetooth you could also listen to music and play podcasts from the watch.
Sponsored