OP

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
guess I should've clarified. I meant sarcastically for lack of space. Although arguably, I haven't been inside an XC90
Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Both EX90 and Polestar 3 are build on the same platform.

The Polestar 3 is about XC60 sized eSUV. Would not expect EX90 to be the same size as XC90. Clearly, it will confuse people and most will assume its an electric version of XC90 so it is misleading.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I will say after touching both of them I like the 30 better. I would not replace my S with the 90 but the 30 would be a nice little runner for costco.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited, R1S Launch Green
Clubs

I will say after touching both of them I like the 30 better. I would not replace my S with the 90 but the 30 would be a nice little runner for costco.
Except the second row in the 30 only fits children. I sat in both back in March at a Volvo dealer right before Electrify Expo and not sure why you couldn’t. The 3rd row on the EX90 is about as cramped as the second row of the EX30. Useless.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
Looks like smaller 3rd row than R1S, smaller frunk, less off road capability. Less range.
Unless Volvo has significantly better ride quality and safety/ autonomous driving features, I don’t think it will be a huge hit. Very nice, but doesn’t distinguish itself from the crowd.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Looks like smaller 3rd row than R1S, smaller frunk, less off road capability. Less range.
Unless Volvo has significantly better ride quality and safety/ autonomous driving features, I don’t think it will be a huge hit. Very nice, but doesn’t distinguish itself from the crowd.
being able to get service within 100 miles will be nice.

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

from this weekend's preview event... the EX90 is definitely not your father's Vinfast...

ex90.jpeg
It IS nice. But, when i got the preorder book and spec'd it similar to an R1S, it only came out 10kCdn less than an R1S. If i'm spending that much, i'll just go with the R1S, as much as I loved my XC90 when i had it.
Sponsored