Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things

carsly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
The main reason for the delays has been their issues with software. The Polestar 3, which is the five-seat version of the EX90, was due to ship this past October. Hard to believe with the known issues they won't run into unknown issues when they start production.

That said, I really did like my Polestar 2, it was just too small and the software, Android Automotive, was rather clumsy and unrefined.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

It’s a really compelling offering. I have no doubt it will be successful.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Waiting for ours to be available to configure. Was surprised by the pricing coming in this much under $80k. I thought it would be $79,999 just so they could say it was. We will be going with the 7 seat "base" Plus model.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Volvo must be worried The Count is losing interested in the volvo as today UPS delivered to The Count a fancy color palette selector (to match exterior to interior) that probably cost Volvo a lot of money to design, make, and ship.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Volvo must be worried The Count is losing interested in the volvo as today UPS delivered to The Count a fancy color palette selector (to match exterior to interior) that probably cost Volvo a lot of money to design, make, and ship.
Ha, I got one too. And the exterior colors are so bland. They should’ve just made this into a website configurator instead.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Ha, I got one too. And the exterior colors are so bland. They should’ve just made this into a website configurator instead.
The marketing department must be running the show.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited, R1S Launch Green
Clubs

I was told summer of 2024 is when they should arrive and pricing has not changed (I was expecting maybe a cut since P3 was recently cut).

Rivian R1T R1S Volvo EX90 pricing and features info DSC05845.JPG

I'm torn about the 3rd row. EX90 is both bigger and smaller than I expected. I was hoping it would be on the larger side (interior-wise) of a 3-row SUV.

Rivian R1T R1S Volvo EX90 pricing and features info DSC05803.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
I'm torn about the 3rd row
Yeah, I see what you mean. End of the day, despite the Volvo brand, the fully electric platform is new for any company and hasn’t been “proven” yet. I think that takes about a year and I will need a car before that

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I’ve completely lost track of what’s going on with this car.

My wife has a reservation. They had one at the local dealer to display, but I caught my second round of covid and had to miss out.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
so at least one reservation holder has been contacted by their dealer? My dealer has been lights out other than an initial call over a year ago asking if I'd rather buy an ICE 90.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
so at least one reservation holder has been contacted by their dealer? My dealer has been lights out other than an initial call over a year ago asking if I'd rather buy an ICE 90.
Has been the same for us with the exception of sending us an ordering guide in January, but still no info on delivery estimates. We aren't in a hurry, but would be nice to stay informed. Maybe Rivian has conditioned us to this, so it doesn't fee so abnormal. I would like to see the EX90 in person, but it hasn't been near us yet.

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

I was so excited for the EX90, but got their Canadian pricing a couple of weeks back and was shocked (i loved my XC90). I was expecting it to be cheaper than the R1S by a mile, but in reality it barely ends up being 5k cheaper for the comparable trims. I'm sticking with my R1S order for sure.
Sponsored