First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
Seems like a decent update
I WANTED ANOTHER RANGE INCREASE!

But if we're getting this kind of of updates for the forseeable future, the truck will continue improving in meaningful ways. I think they'll work out most of my complaints eventually.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Looks like a pretty good update.

The only update I want for Spotify is for it to go quiet when my podcast is over rather than start playing random crappy music I would never choose to listen to. At least it’s consistent in having never played anything good so I’m confident I won’t miss anything if this “feature” could be turned off. 🤣

and I would love to be told we can already do that, but if so I sure can’t find it.

Sponsored

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
It's crazy how frequent each update is and how they're making meaningful improvements each update. I know people are frustrated 'xyz' isn't fixed, but you gotta give credit to the rivian team for investing so much into these updates.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Place search is now powered by Google Maps™

Search will be better hopefully? Current search is completely garbage.
Not having my truck yet, was search the bigger issue or navigation guidance.. or both?

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Not having my truck yet, was search the bigger issue or navigation guidance.. or both?
Guidance is the much larger issue, imo. Search was fine for me — at least as good as most other vehicle navs — and with the ability to “send to vehicle” from my phone I don’t think search was really the needed improvement. However, improving Nav routing is a HUGE project, and Swapping the POI search is much simpler, so it’s not surprising which was done first.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Search is garbage and maps are traffic-unaware, route and planning charging, and managing energy during driving are all but non-existent. Rivian has seen everything Tesla and ABRP has done with EV route planning and done none of it. : )

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Not sure since I've been happy with current search/nav

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE