Sponsored

USPS announces electricification plan — No Rivian mentioned

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
https://about.usps.com/newsroom/nat...g-stations-and-electric-delivery-vehicles.htm

Building a nationwide network of electric vehicle charging stations ready to power USPS EVs

The charging stations displayed at the Atlanta S&DC today were manufactured by Siemens. These stations will be able to efficiently charge Postal Service EVs overnight prior to the next day’s deliveries. The Postal Service’s first 14,000 EV chargers will be manufactured by three suppliers: Siemens, Rexel/ChargePoint, and Blink.

Ongoing commitment to electrifying America’s largest and oldest federal fleet

Today’s event featured battery electric COTS vehicles manufactured by the Ford Motor Company. USPS plans on procuring a total of 21,000 COTS EVs — including 9,250 from Ford — depending on market availability and operational feasibility. In addition, the Postal Service anticipates adding at least 45,000 battery-electric Next Generation Delivery Vehicles (NGDVs) by 2028, bringing the total number of EVs in the delivery fleet to more than 66,000. This represents one of the largest commitments to vehicle electrification in the nation. USPS will also continue to explore the feasibility of achieving 100-percent electrification for its delivery vehicle fleet.
Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I'm sure there are some sweetheart kickback greased politician-type deals involved here.

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
It’s the USPS, they will go out of their way to find EVs that give a quarter mile per kW, if their history hold true 🤦🏽‍♂️

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Rivian’s not having union labor is probably politically hard to overcome.
Rivian's not having existed when the solicitation was issued is what is pretty hard to overcome ...
Rivian R1T R1S USPS announces electricification plan — No Rivian mentioned Focus_NGDV_timeline_web

And as far as the COTS portion - Rivian did not and does not have a vehicle on the GSA Schedule.

Really, this announcement is in no way shape or form a judgement about Rivian.

Some details (including the above timeline) can be found here: https://www.uspsoig.gov/our-work/focus-on/focus-on-next-generation-delivery-vehicles

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I'm just glad they are going partially electric, even if their main choice looks like a duck that is 90% windshield.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Looks like a few Canoos are heading to USPS for T&E:
IMG_9553.jpeg
Color me skeptical. Canoo's jam seems to be getting a handful of vehicles into an evaluation setup and then never mentioning it again. Hopefully this isn't the case here.
Sponsored