Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My brother is a salesman at a local HD dealer, and he didn't know this. I test drove it a couple times and it was a lot of fun, but could never convince myself to pull the trigger with the charging limitation. Had I known this detail I might have seriously considered one a couple years ago. My daily (at the time) commute would have put me at the limit of range. I have level 2 charging available at work, so even level 1 speeds on a level 2 charger would have worked for me.
Only time I need more charging is when I'm out and about, and I'd rather stop at an L3 to minimize the amount of time needed. It's worked out for me, but I'm probably going to sell mine because I just plain haven't used it enough.
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
How are you adjusting to the throttle control and torque application? I tend to be a little wheelie-prone as is, which has kept me off an electric bike thus far. Afraid my throttle hand is all go and I'd just yeet myself into the sun on anything electric šŸ˜†

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

We only recently watched "Long Way Up" but it sure made the Livewire look like fun!
Watching Long Way Up was my first introduction to Rivian a couple years ago. I watched for the Livewire and adventure and saw the trucks and though they were very cool. Never thought I'd have an order in on one, but then again with Max Pack I may never get one anyway. :p

OP
OP
M4H4X

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T Launch Edition, 22 Corvette C8 Z51 2LT HTC
Occupation
Software Engineer
How are you adjusting to the throttle control and torque application? I tend to be a little wheelie-prone as is, which has kept me off an electric bike thus far. Afraid my throttle hand is all go and I'd just yeet myself into the sun on anything electric šŸ˜†
So Far just sport mode all the time. Im no stranger to wheelies:

Rivian R1T R1S Got a new fun EV! (Not a Rivian) 0E8111CA-3138-43D3-8330-47588C9FD00F

OP
OP
M4H4X

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
My brother is a salesman at a local HD dealer, and he didn't know this. I test drove it a couple times and it was a lot of fun, but could never convince myself to pull the trigger with the charging limitation. Had I known this detail I might have seriously considered one a couple years ago. My daily (at the time) commute would have put me at the limit of range. I have level 2 charging available at work, so even level 1 speeds on a level 2 charger would have worked for me.
I'm about two months in now w/ mine and the level 1 rate honestly has worked out just fine. A nice ~50 mile ride around town/the twisties and it only takes about 3-5 hours in the garage to re-coup the charge and it's ready to rock again at level 1.

If I daily-drove a bike it would probably be a problem, but since I don't -- it's a match made in heaven.

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
0C030C6B-15EE-4097-82FB-033881F6C0A7.jpeg

This is bike #8 for me, but my first electric bike.

Yes I ordered this before I found out about their SPAC investors backing out (whoops!)

I love it though, lack of level 2 charging is a bummer but it still picks up 12/13mi/hr at level one. I only ride occasionally and mostly short distances so itā€™s perfect for me. And if Iā€™m in a pinch it does do level 3 at 25Kw (40 minute recharge).
63CFFE63-FAAE-47BD-9C12-9E5E59EBC02D.jpeg

3F018177-13A4-4448-97F5-E306AC85CE80.jpeg

(Itā€™s not as close as it looks to the truck here, there is room to open both doors behind it.)

Hereā€™s to hoping this company is still around in a few years. šŸ«£
Nice! Are you going to make custom mud flaps for that?! šŸ¤£

OP
OP
M4H4X

M4H4X

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Nice! Are you going to make custom mud flaps for that?! šŸ¤£
I have been thinking about making a product to cover the "aero" vent on the front fender of the rivian. The "PPF" they put in that spot is essentially useless and i'm wondering how much efficiency it actually accounts for long term.

Rivian R1T R1S Got a new fun EV! (Not a Rivian) 20221221_171551
Rivian R1T R1S Got a new fun EV! (Not a Rivian) 20221221_171558

Or at minimum I could create a product that would add a vented mesh there to prevent larger rocks from getting through.
Sponsored