Sponsored

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I wish that they would pick places on the far outskirts of these big cities. The last place I want to do my drive is on the suburban/city streets. It was weird to me to see photos of these adventure vehicles in NYC. I'm also guessing that 3 hours from Dallas is too far out for me to be included.
Agreed, I have 2 homes on Long Island and it's not available in the rural part so I'm doing my test drive today in the late afternoon (only time slots available for multiple dates) in an area that will be busy to navigate. I'm guessing the 30 minutes will fly by but I'll make the most of it.

Ordered the R1S so I'm not sure if they'll allow me to test drive that if it becomes available at some point or whether they'll consider that double-dipping :CWL:
Sponsored

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
Here I am hard at work (not) planning different routes for a test drive! For whenever Minneapolis makes the list. ?

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Damn. Hopefully Seattle doesn't fill up and I can get in there. Otherwise I'll have to wait for Portland.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

The most likely actual cause is someone accidentally clicked Tuesday instead of thursday when scheduling that post in later or hootsuite or whatever they use for scheduled social media posts.
This was my thinkin’. Hopefully we’ll find out today.

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I just contacted CS and asked since if I was going to be in LA for Christmas if I could schedule. He was kinda snippy and said they hadn't announced and it was based off of delivery location.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I just contacted CS and asked since if I was going to be in LA for Christmas if I could schedule. He was kinda snippy and said they hadn't announced and it was based off of delivery location.
I asked how I get an invite to the Sonoma one since I will be there most of november, they suggested i "attempt to attend", whatever that means.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

no formal announcement yesterday.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian official just posted the cities that will be able to do the mobile drives soon, in addition to NYC, which started last week.

Dallas
Denver
Chicago
Los Angeles
Seattle
San Francisco

Screenshot_20211019-131213_Instagram.jpg
Remember when this was a thing Three weeks ago? Lol

rereading it, I’m gonna be bummed if Seattle is limited to the mobile drives. Seeing one color, and being limited to 30 minutes doesnt really solve any of my conundrums.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I wish that they would pick places on the far outskirts of these big cities. The last place I want to do my drive is on the suburban/city streets. It was weird to me to see photos of these adventure vehicles in NYC. I'm also guessing that 3 hours from Dallas is too far out for me to be included.
Probably because "out of the city" is quite difficult for NYC :)

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
Here's hoping Atlanta or Orlando will be announced in the next group...

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I never been there, but on a more serious note google maps says it's 2 hours 29 minutes. The practical nature of a "semi-rural" location being a 20-30 minute commute away from NYC is probably non-existent. At some point, distance becomes an attendance deterrent, especially in an area not accustomed to car culture and open spaces like SoCal.

TDWRT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bunch of German cars
Occupation
Finance
Here's hoping Atlanta or Orlando will be announced in the next group...
Yeah, kind of surprising the have nothing planned for the SouthEast. You know, like some of the fastest growing cities in the US.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Imagine going to one of these events as a 2021 pre-orderer, being amazed by the car, then finding out on an internet forum IPO post that you maybe won't get one for 2(+) years. Puts a real damper on things.
Sponsored