Sponsored

Trenton SC is officially open and taking appointments.

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

Had a mobile tech today over for a drivetrain issue (loud clicking noises from the back when accelerating from a stop and making a turn). He said it's a major issue and a service visit is needed ASAP so he booked me for Trenton SC for next week.

Rivian R1T R1S Trenton SC is officially open and taking appointments. 1713372996991-l4

Also someone on Discord just now was able to switch appointment from Brooklyn to Trenton.
Sponsored

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
Wow this is good to know. Thanks for sharing. Surprised by how little communication there has been on this and how some mobile techs didn’t know and were staying 2025.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Good to have more options. Gaithersburg is still the closest for me, but this is only about 30 minutes further.

SherpaDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 C2S Cab, Ridgeline, Dakota SXT, Ram 50, R1T Or
Occupation
Consultant
Great News - makes my day :)
I think having a better SC network will improve their adoption and sales
Brooklyn to serve the tri-state and beyond just doesn't make any sense to me ...

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Good to have more options. Gaithersburg is still the closest for me, but this is only about 30 minutes further.
Trenton is actually almost 40 minutes closer to me, but...I think I'd prefer Gaithersburg to driving into Trenton...

That said, you're right--options are good!

I'm also hoping for more mobile service options, and really hoping the rumors about service centers in PA come to fruition (I've heard--and again, I *emphasize* RUMOR--Malvern is a prospect).

Sponsored

tplociniak

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, VW Atlas
Occupation
Construction Manager
I don’t know that we can schedule a service at Trenton, they are mainly focused on Amazon van service but R1s can be scheduled there for emergency situations.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I don’t know that we can schedule a service at Trenton, they are mainly focused on Amazon van service but R1s can be scheduled there for emergency situations.
FWIW: this is how Gaithersburg started out as well (not for Amazon EDVs, but as they started up).

Their intention was to roll out slowly, but at one point I needed service and refused to drive to Brooklyn again. So, they got me in while the SC was still painting lines on the floor and setting up their stations.

Within about 6 months they were 'fully open for business' and had the ability to schedule on the app.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Awesome! I have luckily been able to avoid going to Brooklyn, and hopefully never will need to

SEPA R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Just had mobile service and the tech was based out of Trenton. He basically confirmed this. They opened officially yesterday but are operating out of temporary space that is not meant to be customer facing. He said if push came to shove they would schedule an appointment there but would prefer not to until the permanent space opens.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
Just had mobile service and the tech was based out of Trenton. He basically confirmed this. They opened officially yesterday but are operating out of temporary space that is not meant to be customer facing. He said if push came to shove they would schedule an appointment there but would prefer not to until the permanent space opens.
So is this announcement the temporary space and the permanent one is 2025?

Sponsored