Sponsored

TPMS stop working after driving around 30 minutes??

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Per a prior post, got my tire pressure sensors working again. However, am now having an issue where they disappear after about 30 minutes of driving. They reappear after the truck has been parked for a while and work fine for about another 30 minutes or so. Been consistently doing this. Prior to changing my tires, the sensors worked normally. Seems odd that they work when getting going in the morning, only to just stop working every time after 30 or so minutes.

Because they're aftermarket wheels, Rivian won't assist. Curious if anyone else has had such an issue?
Sponsored

RivChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WRX, 911T
Occupation
Product Manager
Clubs

I've been having this issue with my truck. I've had it in the service center 3 times for this issue. They're aware of it and working on some re-engineering to resolve it from what I was told but they told me it was going to be a few months. Apparently this is an issue with a limited number of the trucks.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I've been having this issue with my truck. I've had it in the service center 3 times for this issue. They're aware of it and working on some re-engineering to resolve it from what I was told but they told me it was going to be a few months. Apparently this is an issue with a limited number of the trucks.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Assume you're having this issue with stock wheels and sensors?

RivChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WRX, 911T
Occupation
Product Manager
Clubs

Yep. It's just such an intermittent issue. It'll be fine for 30-40 miles and then all of a sudden the TPMS light comes on. The service center had a tough time recreating the issue until I authorized them to do a much longer drive with my truck where it finally happened for them. I think the service center said there's crosstalk between two systems and it's a hardware issue so they're looking at relocating one of the sending units towards the back of the vehicle as opposed to where it is right now in the front. They had a field engineer looking at my truck and said they were going back to the design engineers to approve a design change so it sounds like it'll be a few weeks/months before we have a fix. Hopefully this resolves your issue as well!
Sponsored