Sponsored

Gorilla5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1t
The rubbing is only at the extreme outer edge of the tire. I’m guessing that if the tire was 2-3mm narrower it would not rub.

after using these tires for about 10K miles now, there’s no damage to my inner fenders from the infrequent rubbing. So it can’t be much.

So yes, I’d bet that a 275/65/20 would not rub with these wheels, or a 285/65/20 would not rub with stock wheels or wheels with a little less offset. It’s also possible that a different brand of 285/65/20 tires would not rub, or could rub more.
Appreciate the response!!
Sponsored

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@909phillyman FWIW I talked to them today and they said they have more arriving for the Bronze and Satin Black but they don't have a narrower timeframe than the 1-3 months listed on the site. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks. They were actually 'available for ordering', but backordered, when I finally selected my R1S from the Shop back in May. Trailbuilt took every bit of the 8 or 9 weeks to get them in stock and deliver, but they are more than worth it!!! I received them in August I think. See one of my posts here regarding the setup: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/affordable-winter-wheels-setup-ram-2363.18320/post-385736

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

At 61 pounds that tire is 30% heavier than the 20” ATs. My guess is range is ~230 miles with efficiency in high 1s (maybe low 2s if driving 55 mph).

for some 200 miles is plenty. Likely adds $50 to $100 per month to power/charging bill, which for most purchasing a car this $$$ is also no big deal. Still works out to 20 mpg if compared to $6 per gallon gas…super impressive considering a comparable gas vehicle would get 5-10 mpg.

Would be great to see some numbers.

Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Why do you say that? I wouldn't think the range on these would be significantly worse than the stock 20 inches with the Pirelli Scorpion?
Uhhh, weight and the fact they stick out significantly from the wheelwells creating new drag points and increasing the existing COD.

OP
OP
dp351

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

At 61 pounds that tire is 30% heavier than the 20” ATs. My guess is range is ~230 miles with efficiency in high 1s (maybe low 2s if driving 55 mph).

for some 200 miles is plenty. Likely adds $50 to $100 per month to power/charging bill, which for most purchasing a car this $$$ is also no big deal. Still works out to 20 mpg if compared to $6 per gallon gas…super impressive considering a comparable gas vehicle would get 5-10 mpg.

Would be great to see some numbers.
It seems like there’s a few people here that really want this setup to have poor range results. I don’t calculate my range on trips or obsess about range while driving, I enjoy the vehicle. I rarely use Conserve mode and I generally drive as fast as I can get away with. I’ve also let many friends drive it and I insist that they experience the 0-60 launch.

Now that you know how the truck is driven, here’s some numbers: According to my trip odometer, over the last 5,348 miles, I’ve averaged 24 mph and used 2,748 kWh, which is 1.99 miles/kWh.

Last edited:

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Likely adds $50 to $100 per month to power/charging bill,
Maybe in CA? My power is $0.11/kWh, if I drive 1000 miles a month it would be about $45 total if I actually charged at home

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

It seems like there’s a few people here that really want this setup to have poor range results. I don’t calculate my range on trips or obsess about range while driving, I enjoy the vehicle. I rarely use Conserve mode and I generally drive as fast as I can get away with. I’ve also let many friends drive it and I insist that they experience the 0-60 launch.

Now that you know how the truck is driven, here’s some numbers: According to my trip odometer, over the last 5,348 miles, I’ve averaged 24 mph and used 2,748 kWh, which is 1.99 miles/kWh.
that’s great, thanks for sharing the numbers, seems reasonable for your setup and your range should be ~250, only a 10% decrease compared to OEM 20’s…

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Tesla Model Y Performance
Sorry to revive this thread but will the wheel/tire combo fit in the spare tire space under the bed?

Considering the price of the OEM spare, I'm thinking of just getting a full set of new tires/wheels.

Sponsored

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

I run Dynapro AT2 285/60/20s, and I had to use a fair amount of force in order to securely close the spare tire lid.