Sponsored

Tow Hooks

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
According to CS, tow-hooks are back to being included only in the off-road package.

"The tow-hooks are included with the new adventure packaging along with the new pricing. So although that'll be included with the Adventure Package, the pricing will be based on the new pricing increases. Also the Dual-motor models won't start production until 2024"

So, they CAN sell R1T/R1S independent of the off-road package/underbody armor, they just choose not to. Cool.
Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
According to CS, tow-hooks are back to being included only in the off-road package.

"The tow-hooks are included with the new adventure packaging along with the new pricing. So although that'll be included with the Adventure Package, the pricing will be based on the new pricing increases. Also the Dual-motor models won't start production until 2024"

So, they CAN sell R1T/R1S independent of the off-road package/underbody armor, they just choose not to. Cool.

Had the same question about the tow hooks and CS confirmed to me this morning they're now included in the Adventure package. I'd get the "reverted" pricing with the Adventure package and the now included tow hooks. I've been waiting for this to pop up on the forums because it was far too straightforward and simple of an answer. And a positive answer saves me $2k. I guess we'll see soon.

Edit: I was curious so I just started a second chat to ask (for what its worth).

Rivian R1T R1S Tow Hooks Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 2.15.44 PM

Last edited:

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I don't really care if I get the tow hooks or not, but I'm half expecting to get them even though I didn't buy the off road package. When the Model X was introduced, there were a few features they threw in to the non-performance models that were originally supposed to only be for performance models, such as the adaptive spoiler. This was simply because that's all they had available at that time of production. Rivian likely switched back to including tow hooks with all Adventure/LE models simply to ease production and because all frames they are currently building have them already.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Rivian R1T R1S Tow Hooks yes-baby

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I don't really care if I get the tow hooks or not, but I'm half expecting to get them even though I didn't buy the off road package. When the Model X was introduced, there were a few features they threw in to the non-performance models that were originally supposed to only be for performance models, such as the adaptive spoiler. This was simply because that's all they had available at that time of production. Rivian likely switched back to including tow hooks with all Adventure/LE models simply to ease production and because all frames they are currently building have them already.
I'm sure all frames have provisions for the tow hooks anyway. They may only have the filler panel with holes in it for the hooks now, so that is why they are including them with Adventure packages (since they aren't shipping Explore until next year).

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'd really like to add them to my truck without the off-road package and I'd even pay the $300 extra for it.

Mostly I want my truck to look like it has tusks so that it looks more like an animal that has tusks.

*Bonus points if you understand the reference.

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
I was already wondering how one would deal with pulling out a stuck Chevy or towing it (batt. dead/stuck) from the front. But I was not going to shell out an additional 2k when all I wanted was tow hooks. I was just banking that the bumper just had fillers and the all the frames would still have holes to allow aftermarket tow hooks. Now its included with all adventure models or I get charged $300. I'm fine either way.

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
My uneducated guess is that it is probably cheaper to have just one configuration rather than with or without the tow hooks. So here's to hoping it is standard now!

idea man

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E250 Bluetec, Sprinter, Passat, F-250, R1250 GSA
Occupation
Project Manager
Seems they are having to make a lot of game-time decisions as their supply chains expand and contract. While it's a tough way to run a car company, its also a tough time to be starting a car company.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Seems they are having to make a lot of game-time decisions as their supply chains expand and contract. While it's a tough way to run a car company, its also a tough time to be starting a car company.
as my cousin who is a product planner for GM trucks pointed out, it’s never a good time to be making cars. ?

Sponsored

idea man

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E250 Bluetec, Sprinter, Passat, F-250, R1250 GSA
Occupation
Project Manager
as my cousin who is a product planner for GM trucks pointed out, it’s never a good time to be making cars. ?
...and yet they continue.... :cool:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Does anyone know what is the rating on these hooks? I am assuming each of them can at the minimum handle 3600 Ib? anyone has seen specs or heard anything from Rivian?

The tow manual has this:

Rivian R1T R1S Tow Hooks 1649976512965
Any reason you could not use hooks instead?​

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired