First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
This brings up an interesting question: How are they prioritizing deliveries of recently ordered vehicles. I can't imagine if you order an Adventure today you get prioritized over Explorer and Max Pack preorders, but do you go to the end of the line after all the max packs and explorer trim preorders from before a certain date are shipped.

I would think that at some point (2024?) they ares shipping all four vehicles/trims off the line first come first served barring extenuating circumstances (e.g. a parts shortage means they can't build R1S's for 2 weeks).
I have an early preorder date also (Nov 8 2018) for an Adventure Package R1T with large battery pack and recently received this message below from Rivian. It lists what their delivery window is based on, and mentions the introduction of a new feature on the Rivian account page that will display the current delivery timing estimate:

"Your Adventure Package R1T estimated delivery window is July - September 2022.

Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and your current configuration. Due to the high volume of preorders for our Adventure Package with Large pack battery, we will be focusing on that configuration in 2022.

In setting our delivery timing, we optimized our build sequence around the build combination that would support us ramping as quickly as possible and therefore have the largest possible positive climate impact.

To bring added clarity and better understanding to delivery timing, in early 2022 we are introducing a new feature on your Rivian Account Page that will display your current delivery timing estimate. Our goal is to give you accurate, up-to-date details about your specific preorder so you can better plan and stay more informed."
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stack

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model YP, Rivian R1T (Limestone, 20" AT)
If I were in your shoes, I would by a Tesla Model 3 until your Rivian is ready. This will help you to get use to EV life and might even save you some money. The unknown delivery is probably one of the most frustrating things, but it is what it is.

Tbauer87

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Seltos, Jeep Gramd Cherokee
Hey Everyone, I'm new here. I've wanted a Rivian for ages and I'm now just able to order one. I'm super excited but I've got a big dilemma right now, I'm an overlander and mountain bike racer, I do a LOT of driving and traveling in addition to my daily driving. I currently use a Ford Explorer specially modified to do the job, which is also my daily driver, I drive a LOT (like 25-30,000/ year). With the modifications my explorer currently gets about 16mpg city and 17mpg highway. I fill up my tank like 12-15x per month. So I'm REALLY looking forward to an electric off roader haha, the R1T.

The dilemma is that my driving is killing me ($750/ month just in fuel) I can't really drive less because of my career. Even without overlanding and racing I drive 20,000 per year. I'm debating trading it for a Subaru Forester which will increase my mpg to 24mpg city and 28mpg highway (on 87, I currently use 93) and yet still allow me to overland.

BUT, if I order a Rivian R1T and the wait is only like 8-10 months to get one, I'll just wait it out. BUT, if the wait is like 18 - 24 months to get a R1T Explore then I'll get a Subaru and trade it after the 2 year wait when my new Rivian is ready.

My question is, if I order one now what is the timeframe to get the order in?
I placed a reservation for an explore package in November 2021. My current estimated shipping window is late 2023. In the SoCal area.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
I have a lot of respect for all of you that have been waiting so long for these to reach your driveway!!

I’m not sure what my delivery window is at this point, though I know it will be a while. ? I originally reserved an R1T Nov 2021 (I know, late to the party, but my wife finally gave the thumbs up after we got the Tesla and the GX470 became the sore thumb, but I digress). However, my we were screwing with what the configuration of the R1S Explore package kitted out would cost at the time Rivian pulled my order info. I got an estimate of 2H 2023, though the next day we had switched it back to an R1T Adventure package.

I’ll feel better when Im not trying to assess everyone’s location/model/package/order date/delivery window to guess where I may be In the line up. Whether or not the date given to me holds is another thing, but will be nice to at least know where Rivian thinks that date range may be.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
That's correct. we are the Explore Package with the standard battery. We have already gotten an email stating a 1H2023 delivery.
Something isn't lining up let me confirm, you have a November 2018 preorder for a explore R1T with large (not max) pack and Rivian told you 1st half 2023 delivery in Florida? this places you as a considerable outlier on the graphs of scheduled deliveries that are floating around. If true I would persistently contact Rivian untill I found out what gives.
Also why the hell would you have not gotten a LE? serious question not rhetorical.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Something isn't lining up let me confirm, you have a November 2018 preorder for a explore R1T with large (not max) pack and Rivian told you 1st half 2023 delivery in Florida? this places you as a considerable outlier on the graphs of scheduled deliveries that are floating around. If true I would persistently contact Rivian untill I found out what gives.
Also why the hell would you have not gotten a LE? serious question not rhetorical.
No explore is before H12023.

and LE can’t have explore.

explore is less expensive.

there is no outlier. Everything adds up and is consistent.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We did not order a Launch Edition because we did not want the adventure package. We wanted to forgo the cheesy wooden dashboard trim and the leaky powered tanneau cover on the truck bed. We did not realize that this decision would would place us so far down the delivery list. Our son has the same pre-order date we do (November 28, 2018). He ordered a Launch Edition R1S, and has a delivery date of April/May, 2022. Mine is a year later with the same order date. Go figure. I guess if you order an Adventure Package today, you will be ahead of me with my 3+ year earlier order.

Brian

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
We did not order a Launch Edition because we did not want the adventure package. We wanted to forgo the cheesy wooden dashboard trim and the leaky powered tanneau cover on the truck bed. We did not realize that this decision would would place us so far down the delivery list. Our son has the same pre-order date we do (November 28, 2018). He ordered a Launch Edition R1S, and has a delivery date of April/May, 2022. Mine is a year later with the same order date. Go figure. I guess if you order an Adventure Package today, you will be ahead of me with my 3+ year earlier order.

Brian
Ah... My mistake. I mis-rembered that not just MAX packs but Explore trim as well for 2023. Still Rivian stated they would contact you to move into an adventure pack, you could get without the off road package for $73K. Would probably move you up to October- November. Has Rivian contacted you? Apologies if this is coming across a bit overbearing... I feel for your plight.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Ah... My mistake. I mis-rembered that not just MAX packs but Explore trim as well for 2023. Still Rivian stated they would contact you to move into an adventure pack, you could get without the off road package for $73K. Would probably move you up to October- November. Has Rivian contacted you? Apologies if this is coming across a bit overbearing... I feel for your plight.
Here it is January 27th, and we have not heard anything from Rivian yet.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
Oddly the day after I place my reservation is the first time I see one in person!
Rivian R1T R1S Time to delivery.... if I order now. RenderedImage
Sponsored