First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
I disagree with this. There is evidence of a ramp up. There are many posts recently of trucks on delivery trailers all over the US. That was not happening 4 weeks ago. I've been involved in many manufacturing start ups over the years. From the little clues I have seen so far, I think It's very possible for Rivian to have a Hockey Stick production ramp up and hit their targets for 2022.
glass half full - hope you're right ! Anything is Possible !
Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Just reserved an R1T! Late 23, early 24 a good rough ETA?
This brings up an interesting question: How are they prioritizing deliveries of recently ordered vehicles. I can't imagine if you order an Adventure today you get prioritized over Explorer and Max Pack preorders, but do you go to the end of the line after all the max packs and explorer trim preorders from before a certain date are shipped.

I would think that at some point (2024?) they ares shipping all four vehicles/trims off the line first come first served barring extenuating circumstances (e.g. a parts shortage means they can't build R1S's for 2 weeks).

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Adventure trim? Yup. Explorer/Max pack may be a little later at this point.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

You're going to get a wide range of dates from other users heavily based on their opinions and full of bias. You're best off waiting until Rivian adds their estimator to the site, which they have said will come early in 2022. Based on the estimated dates that they have sent out, you are on track with your projection.

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

No one really knows for sure... BUT to put some perspective on it: There are people who ordered in 2018/2019 who don't reasonably expect to receive their vehicle until late spring/summer 2022 *at the earliest*. And there are a couple years of pre-order holders between those people and you.

I hope everyone gets their vehicles sooner... But I think you must temper expectations and accept that a new order, placed today, is not likely to see their vehicle for well over a year.
We have a somewhat early pre-order date (Nov. 29, 2018) for an R1T. We have received an expected delivery date of the first half of 2023. Orders placed today will be delivered God knows when.

HTownB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
To be fair to Rivian, there is simply no way to know how many pre-order holders will bail. I think it will only get harder to predict with so many people having pre-orders for the other EV trucks basically taking the approach of going with whichever one they can get their hands on first.

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

We have a somewhat early pre-order date (Nov. 29, 2018) for an R1T. We have received an expected delivery date of the first half of 2023. Orders placed today will be delivered God knows when.
Seems strange, perhaps not near a service center or in Canada?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Seems strange, perhaps not near a service center or in Canada?
We are in the rural Florida Panhandle, not near anything. We hope to move up a little by taking Factory Delivery.

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

We are in the rural Florida Panhandle, not near anything. We hope to move up a little by taking Factory Delivery.
That‘s rough buddy. Did you think about changing your delivery location to say a family member’s house that’s not too far away but more likely to get delivered sooner? You can set your delivery location right on the website.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

You're an explorer trim, right? Those were the 1H2023 deliveries?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
You're going to get a wide range of dates from other users heavily based on their opinions and full of bias. You're best off waiting until Rivian adds their estimator to the site, which they have said will come early in 2022. Based on the estimated dates that they have sent out, you are on track with your projection.
TY! Explore / standard pack which hopefully is the quickest ETA config. Are you locked into color or anything when you reserve or can switch when ordering?

To add I saw my first Rivian in person this week. Really blown away by how much it stood out, even better than photos.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

TY! Explore / standard pack which hopefully is the quickest ETA config. Are you locked into color or anything when you reserve or can switch when ordering?

To add I saw my first Rivian in person this week. Really blown away by how much it stood out, even better than photos.
For people who ordered before they started production, explore trim is a longer wait but for people with later preorders the trim likely won't matter much. Any options (including the model) can be changed up until you are contacted by your guide or about a month out from delivery.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

You're an explorer trim, right? Those were the 1H2023 deliveries?
That's correct. we are the Explore Package with the standard battery. We have already gotten an email stating a 1H2023 delivery.
Sponsored