First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Who's with me after we all take delivery? ?✌?⚡?

In all seriousness though is there an annual Oregon ORV race (Canon Beach or otherwise)? Or was this just something dramatized for Goonies?!? ?

Seriously though how awesome would it be to rip down the beach in the R1? ?

Last random thought was ending up at the Pacific Reef Hotel in Gold Beach, watching Goonies as part of their nightly light show on the outdoor screen. Maybe check out some Dunes, en route?

Rivian R1T R1S Thinking out loud...PNW Style... image-asset
Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

In all seriousness though is there an annual Oregon ORV race (Canon Beach or otherwise)? Or was this just something dramatized for Goonies?!? ?

Last random thought was ending up at the Pacific Reef Hotel in Gold Beach, watching Goonies as part of their nightly light show on the outdoor screen. Maybe check out some Dunes, en route?

image-asset.jpeg
I am in. That would be a nostalgic trip. I am in SLC so I will need about 14 hours lead time.

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

image-asset.jpeg
You had me at Goonies!

One of the first trips I will probably do is a beach drive between Gearhart and the Peter Iredale wreck.

Bit of history, the Oregon coast was once designated a public highway before north/south roads including 101 were established.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Whoever gets their R1T first that's near the coast gets to range test it on dry and wet sand so we can all decide whether we need a max pack for this meetup. :rock:

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Pretty sure @DuckTruck would be all over this as well?
Ryan,

I would love to get a group of any size together at the Oregon coast! That said, most people don't realize how restrictive driving on the Oregon coast is. I've attached an article that gives a good primer on it. Some places only allow you in the sand if you're hauling a boat down to the water and back, and most of the coast is closed to any vehicular traffic.

One of the cool things is that on the East side of the highway, in the Coast Mountain Range, there are some awesome logging roads, some of which are open to the public. Even the open ones can be problematic because the timber companies don't like sharing the roads or the forests with others. This is especially true after our recent spate of devastating wildfires, many suspected of being started by trucks, ORV's, and people doing stupid stuff.

Regardless, there are hundreds and hundreds of miles to explore all along Oregon's coast. For the photographers in the group, there are so many great places to pull right off the highway and get amazing pictures up and down the beach, as well as sunsets, and occasionally whales below.

One very cool aspect of coming down from Washington, is when you cross the Columbia river on US-101. When you do so, you're retracing the path of the R1T in first Rivian ad. It left Portland and went out US-26 before going North over the four-mile span of the Megler Bridge on 101. Many of the other beach scenes were filmed South of Cape Lookout, near Cape Kiwanda, both not too far out of Tillamook.

In short, there's no shortage of things to do for weeks on end. In other words, "Yeah, I'm in!" ? ?

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

I’m all over coast trips. So much beauty there, just like the rest of Oregon.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

First "longer than in town" trip in our BMW i3 was a day trip to the coast (Manhattan Beach), first "longer than in town" trip in our Tesla Model S was a day trip to the coast (Astoria,) so of course our first trip in the R1T will be to the beach! (Probably towing the camper to our usual Pacific City campground for a whole weekend.)

Richland Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ 2022 Volvo XC60
Sign me up!

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I'm new to the PNW (socal transplant), but would be cool to meet other Rivian owners, share stories and explore.
Sponsored