Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
OK little things here.
1. Car wash mode should turn on air recycle so I don't get soap smell blown into my face at the carwash. Then go back to what it was before.
2. Cabin cool down should turn on seat ventilation.
3. Let me set the AC outlets to be on for more than 24 hours. And leave them on if the charger is plugged in. I have a fridge in the back seat and Monday morning my sodas are all warm. Can't trust putting milk in there. If I ever get some of that keep cool medicine this remembering to turn the outlets back on will make me a nervous wreck. I would be happy if it just kept them on till the battery dropped below 35%.
Sponsored

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

PIN to drive, PIN to unlock frunk / gear tunnel / gear guard cables.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
1 - Phone integration, android auto, carplay, etc. Everyone has it, and it can cover the gaps (of which there are many) in the existing system.

2 - All camera views - there are plenty of cameras and I want to be able to use ALL of them (and unlike reviewers/etc I really don't care that they're not the best vision quality I don't know why people expect fancy 4K views from a safety camera). At the very least let me see the rearward camera over the bed to see a load, and the two front cameras under the mirror to see the front tire path off road.

3 - Make PAAK work well enough that I can trust it, it's too iffy.

4 - Improve app battery use and let us set car charging behavior in the app from the phone.

5 - Some way to reset stuck windows so we don't need the special service center fix I have to drive down to Denver tomorrow to get :rolleyes:.

6 - Tire size configuration options that are user accessible so when I replace the tires I don't need Rivian to reprogram this themselves (or at least let them do it remote)

I think it's interesting to see reviews on this car because it does a lot of things right, but clearly some of the focus has been on the first-view demo driver and what most of us want is basic liveability features brought up to par. I'm sure they can figure it out, but it's unfortunately not the "sexy" part of development, so I think it's been shorted a bit.

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

1. PAAK improvement. I can be 20ft away and the car will still be unlocked. I can also be next to the car looking like an idiot and car will stay locked.
2. App improvement. Half the time I need to force close the app for an unlock/lock to go through
3. Allow us to change which apps show on the bottom bar. I use the Birds Eye view pretty often and itā€™s frustrating to have to toggle nonstop to get to the camera again.
4. Kneel mode when parked as everybody else is suggesting.
5. Navigation improvement. Issues finding common establishments
6. Allow us to change wheel configuration without having to visit SC
7. More climate control options in app

ariscus99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P100D
Occupation
Firefighter
Iā€™ve only had my truck since Friday but in the few days some things that would be great that should be simple OTAā€™s:
  • Blind spot cameras when you turn on a turn signal.
  • Dash cam, being able to save a dash cam clip simply like you can with Tesla(honking the horn or pushing a button on screen).
  • Driver assist(especially if itā€™s not going to offer lane change) should be available on most/all roads. My wifeā€™s Kia can do it, my rivian should be able to as well
  • The backup camera switching to bed cam when tailgate is down.
  • Iā€™m 6ā€™5 so I donā€™t care much about the ride height adjustment, but my wife is 5ā€™1 and struggles getting in and out so that kneel feature I guess would be nice, for her.
  • Media apps like Netflix/YouTube/Hulu Iā€™ve heard these are allegedly coming this winter, weā€™ll see).

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Rivian R1T R1S Things you would like added/changed in software updates 1BFB4134-5E83-46F3-9CEC-7BE32B93ADC2

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

1. Lane centering on unmapped roads
  2. Solid text message integration. (Hands free reading and authoring of messages)
  3. Apple Music integration
  4. Navigation on par with google maps

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Wife request upon taking the Rivian for the 1st time...

1) Requesting a "Creep" setting
2) Lines when utilizing the front camera, similar to the rear
3) More helpful beeping for distance warning. Gradual blend vs immediate urgency

Deleted member 7086

To be able to change my ā€œFavoriteā€ Tunein channels with the steering wheel radio controls.

Sponsored

ariscus99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P100D
Occupation
Firefighter
To be able to change my ā€œFavoriteā€ Tunein channels with the steering wheel radio controls.
Thatā€™s a good one. One of the big things Iā€™m missing from my Tesla is the steering wheel controls for the HVAC, and the ability to change what the steering wheel controls do.

Deleted member 7086

Broaden the types of Bluetooth devices the infotainment center will recognize and pair with. At the moment it will not recognize nor pair with a SIRIUS/XM Bluetooth cradle nor pair with the Camp Speaker.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I couldn't find another thread on this topic, so I thought that I would start one.

What I would like to seem them add/change in software updates:

--One push garage door opener. I think most people have only one garage door to open. While I appreciate that they are accommodating people with more than one, I don't see that they should make you press the garage icon, and then press the name of your home garage (mine is named "home").

--Automatic garage door open/close when approaching/leaving house. Tesla has this, based on the GPS location of your home. It would seem like something easy to add since the truck already has GPS capability. Maybe Tesla has a patent, who knows.

--Along a similar note, automatic sideview mirror retraction/extension when approaching/leaving home.

--Navigation waypoints, i.e. creating a multiple destination navigation direction thread.

-- Auto lower the suspension to the lowest level when putting the vehicle in park.
When saving a favorite location in the NAV system, it would be nice to be able to edit the name of the location - ie. Charlie's House instead of 123 Main Street.