Sponsored

Things you would like added/changed in software updates

Idiot Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I couldn't find another thread on this topic, so I thought that I would start one.

What I would like to seem them add/change in software updates:

--One push garage door opener. I think most people have only one garage door to open. While I appreciate that they are accommodating people with more than one, I don't see that they should make you press the garage icon, and then press the name of your home garage (mine is named "home").

--Automatic garage door open/close when approaching/leaving house. Tesla has this, based on the GPS location of your home. It would seem like something easy to add since the truck already has GPS capability. Maybe Tesla has a patent, who knows.

--Along a similar note, automatic sideview mirror retraction/extension when approaching/leaving home.

--Navigation waypoints, i.e. creating a multiple destination navigation direction thread.

-- Auto lower the suspension to the lowest level when putting the vehicle in park.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
In order of my priorities.

(1) If the tailgate is down, the reverse camera should default to the bed camera.
Rationale: Reverse cameras are mandatory safety equipment. If the car is drivable with the tailgate down, this bypasses mandated safety equipment.

(2) Since the vehicle doesn't come with running boards, please have it automatically lower to the lowest setting upon park.
Rationale:
- My kids struggle to get up 10+ inches to reach the floor. They've commented on the lack of handles. If the kids don't like it now, they're not going to like it when they are old enough to buy their own.
- I'm not short, but not tall but I've noticed I rub against the edge of the seat since I have to go up into the truck, which gives me concerns about side bolster wear.

(3) Build in Amazon Music as an app.
Rationale: You have other apps. You have Alexa natively. You allow Amazon Music via voice. Why don't you just have it on screen as well so I can pick from my selections?

(4) More adjustability and customization for driving dynamics. Perhaps a single menu selection for the driver to user select the driving dynamics.
Rationale: I like the dampening in All Purpose, but I like the pedal responsiveness of Sport but being in Sport mode is too harsh for me and being in all purpose with the pedal lag annoys me. Just let me pick customize a little more please?

(5) Push button to activate bed camera.
Rationale: This is a luxury, but I'd like to be able to monitor my load.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Maybe there is a way to do it but my truck resets the active vents every time I get in and out of it. If I shut vents off they should stay off until I turn them back on, and where I angle them should stay there as well. The AC is super strong in this truck and I want the vents set to not blow directly at me and stay there.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
--Plain old cruise control (especially if Driver + has some issues)

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Be able to schedule charge completion for a specific departure time using the app. I want to be able to tell it to "Have it charged to 80% by 9AM" without trying to figure it out how set the schedule myself, and not have to go out to the shop to change it. My Bolt could do it, so it can't be that hard.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Single push down on the right stalk does this me
That’s adaptive cruise control, not plain cruise control.

Though I can’t imagine the use case where I would want non-adaptive cruise control.

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager
My #1 ask is to continue improving on the existing features:
- More accurate proximity lock/unlock
- Navigation -- the route accuracy is pretty rough around the DC / Virginia area. It loves to avoid I-66 in favor of super roundabout ways, and I don't have any "avoid tolls" settings enabled
- Make Driver+ more ubiquitously available on highways. Cannot enable it for most highway driving in the DC/MD/VA area
- Obviously, improve on the charging speeds, BMS, phantom drain, etc.

And to continue fixing bugs already known/reported here:
- Bluetooth camp speaker constantly disconnects from phone, e.g. while playing from Spotify
- I had a bug this past weekend where headlights would not turn on after using Camp mode until I did a software reset
- Even though I've synced my phone contacts and they appear in the Phone app, using Alexa to "Call dad" it can't recognize my contact named "Dad"
- Clustering is kinda broken for chargers on the map UI. When zoomed in you can see more charging locations than when you zoom out, making it really hard to find chargers and really easy to assume there aren't chargers along the route when in fact there may be (you just need to zoom in closer on the map in various places to see them)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
That’s adaptive cruise control, not plain cruise control.

Though I can’t imagine the use case where I would want non-adaptive cruise control.
When in tow mode it is a plain old cruise control.

Also, for me at least, phantom braking is really bad on some roads and certain lighting conditions to the point I would love a basic cruise option.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

When in tow mode it is a plain old cruise control.

Also, for me at least, phantom braking is really bad on some roads and certain lighting conditions to the point I would love a basic cruise option.
Would basic cruise solve that issue though? Automatic breaking for collisions is active whether you have cruise on or not, so if the system incorrectly thinks something is in the vehicle’s path, I would think that would trigger braking regardless of cruise.

But I may be thinking too much of the system.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Would basic cruise solve that issue though? Automatic breaking for collisions is active whether you have cruise on or not, so if the system incorrectly thinks something is in the vehicle’s path, I would think that would trigger braking regardless of cruise.

But I may be thinking too much of the system.
The collision avoidance system likely uses radar and has never stepped in for me. Ever. The phantom I see is specifically tied to the vision system and how it sees dark shadows crossing perpendicular to the roadway. There are many roads in my area that have hundreds of these shadows from trees and they are infuriating to drive on with ACC.

BeerInPeril

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure, 2016 Porsche GT4
Occupation
 Software Engineer
  • Lower the truck automatically upon parking for easy entry/exit
  • Shortcut to reduce the number of taps required to change mode, or some 1-click "Sport mode" button when oomph is needed in a pinch
  • Ability to change the charge level target in-app
  • Ability to select cabin temperature in-app
  • Apple CarPlay / Android Auto (or at least voice assisant support)
  • Ability to lower only the rear suspension when parked to ease loading/unloading the bed
  • Improve PaaK performance - don't force me to disable it when home to avoid accidentally unlocking the car when I get in a room that's too close to my driveway
  • Ability to use the cameras as dashcams

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Let me enter off-road mode at faster speeds. Right now it saves the last used mode and height and if it was highest, you essentially have to come to nearly a complete stop. Can't change off-road modes or suspension height without being actively in off-road.

On the flip side, don't restrict speed when going from high suspension to lower modes past the point where it's safe to. If you go from off-road highest into sport mode lowest, it's a long time before the truck lets you drive faster than 20 mph.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Stronger glass.

Gpers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW Alltrack
- Hands free & eyes free text message reading and replying. I should be able to receive a text, have it read to me and be able to reply while I focus on the road
Sponsored