Sponsored

jimmyb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Express AWD, Lexus RX450h, Rivian R1S
Both charges at same RAN station and charger.

But the NUMBERS FROM CHARGER SCREEN, to charge back from 59% to 70%:

Without Aeros: 18.393 kWh

With Aeros: 17.074 kWh

That's 0.928 the kWh or about 7% better.

I'm not sure what to believe
Something that may be a factor in the charging difference is how much of the energy taken was actually used to charge the main battery. Look at the charging “Session Summary”. The pic is of one of my sessions, and shows how much was used for each category as all was not used for main battery.

Rivian R1T R1S The first (and only) Aero Spoke Inserts for Rivian R1T / R1S 20" All-Terrain Wheels! 1690118017608
Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
More likely stolen than just magically came out, but we'll gladly offer a replacement if someone has this misfortune.
It was definitely not stolen. I had them on, drove 30 miles or so on a curvy rural road with zero other vehicles, then it was missing.

The good thing that I can report is that I have not lost another one (yet), though I did more similar fast curvy driving on the same road a couple more times since.

And thank you for the offer to replace that it, I'll follow up when I get back to my usual home.

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Okay, it just jumped out of the wheel and ran away? 🤣🤣🤣. Like I said, if someone has misfortune for whatever reason, we'll replace it, easy. We aim to please.
I think the most likely possibility is that the vibration from the road combined with the wheel spinning caused one to come loose and pop off.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Today I did a little spirited driving on curves for the first time (had my truck 2 days), nothing too crazy, nowhere near pushing to the limit, no really bad bumps, on a pretty good road.

Noticed later that one of my aero caps was gone. Very disappointing.

Luckily they came with an extra. But if they can't even handle these conditions I'm definitely going to lose them when I'm back home driving on the bumpy gravel road I live on.

@EV_Sportline any suggestions?
Looking forward to the secondhand market for all these "lightly scuffed TMU" covers sold in odd ball counts as found along trails

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Okay, it just jumped out of the wheel and ran away? 🤣🤣🤣. Like I said, if someone has misfortune for whatever reason, we'll replace it, easy. We aim to please.
I did ask for a top speed rating for these in this thread months ago. Maybe if you let us know what that is we can drive 1mph below that so nobody can "steal" them as easily while we drive. (Also still waiting on your blog post showing your efficiency tests)

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Looking forward to the secondhand market for all these "lightly scuffed TMU" covers sold in odd ball counts as found along trails
We'll be on the lookout for anyone who tries to order just 19 pcs 🤣🤣🤣

Guys, I am happy to offer a replacement - who knows, might have had a defective clip or wasn't fully snapped in or whatever. Shouldn't ever fly off, regardless of driving aggression.

BTW, you'd be surprised on parts pilfering. We had a customer last week call in and request 2 replacement titanium lug nuts. Similarly, he figured they lost torque somehow and fell off while driving. Strange, but we shipped 2 replacements anyway. He emailed me a day later and said he found 2 lug nuts in his parking lot where he usually parks, so he went back and checked the video surveillance in the parking lot....found a guy busy attempting to steal his ti lug nuts until another car pulled in the parking lot and headed toward his. The guy got spooked and ran!

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
@EV Sportline Hello. Did you do some testing of the PPF scuff protection kit, e.g. put on the PPF, and then put the aero spoke inserts on / off / on / off? I made the time last weekend to put on the PPF and found 1) the additional layer (of PPF) makes the aero spokes have a much tighter fit, requiring a lot more pressure to put the aero spoke inserts on, but more importantly, 2) after removing the aero spoke inserts, the PPF completely tears where the clips attach to the wheel, so it seems that the clips cut right through the PPF, eliminating the purpose / benefit of the PPF. All of this seems logical (a piece of film being weaker than the strong plastic clip of your aero spoke insert firmly snapping into place around the steel wheel), of course, and I feel like I wasted $25 on the PPF. What's your experience with this PPF product and its ability to serve its advertised purpose?

https://evsportline.com/products/team-1ev-aero-spoke-insert-tab-scuff-protection-film-kit

Last edited:
OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

@EV Sportline Hello. Did you do some testing of the PPF scuff protection kit, e.g. put on the PPF, and then put the aero spoke inserts on / off / on / off? I made the time last weekend to put on the PPF and found 1) the additional layer (of PPF) makes the aero spokes have a much tighter fit, requiring a lot more pressure to put the aero spoke inserts on, but more importantly, 2) after removing the aero spoke inserts, the PPF completely tears where the clips attach to the wheel, so it seems that the clips cut right through the PPF, eliminating the purpose / benefit of the PPF. All of this seems logical (a piece of film being weaker than the strong plastic clip of your aero spoke insert firmly snapping into place around the steel wheel), of course, and I feel like I wasted $25 on the PPF. What's your experience with this PPF product and its ability to serve its advertised purpose?

https://evsportline.com/products/team-1ev-aero-spoke-insert-tab-scuff-protection-film-kit
Hey Brent, good to get the feedback! Let me see, we have PPF in varying thickness and finish - perhaps we cut yours on thicker PFF than we originally planned. Let me see what we can do, surely we can get the right ppf and replace your set - standby, let me talk to our ppf guys.... we will fix this for you.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I've already had three of mine fall off in the first week. Just driving on New England roads, no off road.
No worries, that's why they shipped with one extra. Just pick a side you want them on ;)

Sponsored

Ivman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Y Performance, 2016 Ram Rebel, R1T
Clubs

Mine are all intact after 500 miles of driving, a mixture of spirited curvy roads and commuting for work.

Redmond Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (LG, FE, 20"), Tesla Model X
Clubs

I didn't get any extras either.

But none have fallen off (at least not yet). They seem awfully secure.

mifj

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
IT
Any official results yet?