Test Drive 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilderaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Honda Odyssey, Cadillac Lyriq
I will not purchase without first test driving, seeing the colors, and reading several professional reviews. If I can't do this by the end of June then I'll cancel my two orders and move on. With a short term lease and decent residual I might be more flexible. With a purchase though it's all thought and no emotion.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I call for permanent BAN on anybody pulling our chain about (fake) Rivian Guide announcements.. be it for April Fool's or any day through May 1.

:angry:

My heart meds can't keep pace with how frequently I'll be hitting refresh on my Rivian page and Inbox once I know the Guides are truly reaching out.

:brokenhearted:

See we are back to Rivian topics albeit my own sacrifice. :whew:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
My thought is they'll do lots of small group sessions in the top 10-20 markets. This would allow them to introduce the car to LE order holders and provide a test drive. I do wonder what they will do to show off all the color options given they won't have enough vehicles to just stock for test drives in the next couple months. I would like to see the different colors in person as well as the trims. Either way, I don't see this happening until May for the earliest reservation holders.
They could bring a paint board to the event (or test drive appointment) showing the real color as well as real interior samples so you can see it. It is not the same as seeing the entire combination on a vehicle but will give you a real idea of the colors.

I know in the earlier days for Tesla before you started seeing them in every parking lot, the retail centers did not have every color for exterior and interior for you to see. I purchased mine based on a color board. I had never seen the exterior color on a car as it was a new color for that year.

Maybe this is the use case for everyone where a dealer network and the added expense of building to stock rather than building to order would appease a subset group of consumers.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Science also tells us that lock downs come at a price as well. Are you aware that there are negative consequences from the lock downs. These include emotional / psychological issues and intellectual & social development issues for children? Not to mention economic issues for business owners, landlords and others. Look into the mental health issues, marital issues and child development issues.

Science also tells us that anything we do carries a risk. Science says that auto accidents result in over 38,000 deaths per year. One is too many, 38,000 is just too dangerous for the government to allow. Cars must be locked down until that number is zero.

In the 2017-2018 flu season, an estimated 61,000 people died. The vaccine is only partially effective and annual. We need to be locked down until that number is zero and they have a universal vaccine that lasts forever.

The government should trust in their people to manage risk. If you are "at risk", then you can & probably should take the extra precautions that you feel are necessary, including locking yourself down if you desire. Being an American is about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Being locked down provides non of the above. Being locked down is not life, it is just being alive. What is the point of being alive if you can't live.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
This is the silly logic that is prolonging the issue. No one is asking for zero deaths before reopening. We are just asking for it to be controlled. full Disclosure I am currently in the Cayman Islands. We did a full(real) lockdown for 2 months and gradually opened after that. We have been living mask free since last year June. Everything is fully open (except for the airport), we have concerts nightclubs anything you want to do. Why? Because we sacrificed for 2 months. The culture of allowing selfishness to rule in the US has cost lives AND money. Letting this issue linger rather than deal with it is causing all these issues you think you can avoid, the only difference is that you are adding a body count.
The government isn’t some strange alien being controlling your life. You are the government. if you don’t like what government is doing, pick different people for the job. Sacrifice is part of contributing to society. Taxes pay for roads etc. No one wants to pay taxes but everyone appreciates pothole less roads and bridges that aren’t collapsing. Maybe don’t use “freedom“ as an excuse to not chip in. Remember, your freedom ends where mine begins.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
n the 2017-2018 flu season, an estimated 61,000 people died. The vaccine is only partially effective and annual. We need to be locked down until that number is zero and they have a universal vaccine that lasts forever.
Compared to over 500,000 thousand in the pandemic. A different response is obviously necessary.

Sponsored

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
This is the silly logic that is prolonging the issue. No one is asking for zero deaths before reopening. We are just asking for it to be controlled. full Disclosure I am currently in the Cayman Islands. We did a full(real) lockdown for 2 months and gradually opened after that. We have been living mask free since last year June. Everything is fully open (except for the airport), we have concerts nightclubs anything you want to do. Why? Because we sacrificed for 2 months. The culture of allowing selfishness to rule in the US has cost lives AND money. Letting this issue linger rather than deal with it is causing all these issues you think you can avoid, the only difference is that you are adding a body count.
The government isn’t some strange alien being controlling your life. You are the government. if you don’t like what government is doing, pick different people for the job. Sacrifice is part of contributing to society. Taxes pay for roads etc. No one wants to pay taxes but everyone appreciates pothole less roads and bridges that aren’t collapsing. Maybe don’t use “freedom“ as an excuse to not chip in. Remember, your freedom ends where mine begins.
You totally disregard the impact of lockdowns since that doesn't fit your agenda.

Your freedom is not impacted by mine. You are welcome to not ever come to the US and to lock yourself in a closet until the world is safe enough for you. My freedom will not come into contact with yours. My freedom requires you to do nothing, but your freedom requires me to be locked down. Arrogant much?

You call it silly logic, but can't articulate why. You say you aren't waiting for zero deaths. What is your exact number? That is the problem with people such as you with a superiority complex. Apparently, you will let us know when you decide for us. The Caymans is a tiny population on an island that apparently opened up after 2 months. Not comparable to the US. Where apparently us inferior selfish Americans reside.

I have "chipped in" and believe in mitigating risk. I wear a mask, use hand sanitizer and have had my first dose. But, I also leave my house, send my kids to school and live my life.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Compared to over 500,000 thousand in the pandemic. A different response is obviously necessary.
His point, and mine, is that we all know there is risk. People at higher risk and those with different risk tolerances should make their own decisions about how they want to live.

The test drive tie in to all of this is that those who want to take the risks of test drives should be free to do so. Rivian should take reasonable safety precautions (CYA) & allow the opportunity for people to test drive.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Paperwork can be signed electronically.
Not necessarily, laws vary by state.

Y'all Texans just keep driving wedges for no good reason, can't we just all have a drink and move on?

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
81% of those deaths were people aged 65 and older. For them, additional precautions are prudent. My parents are very careful. For the rest of us, the risk can be better managed without a lockdown.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.