Sponsored

SUMMON FEATURE: Do we know if the Riv's will have it??

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I have some situations where this would be really nice to have. Do we know if the 'summon' feature will be in the Rivian R1T or R1S?? I've seen it listed in the 'Wish List' section of this forum, but haven't seen an answer yet.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Do you mean at launch or ever? I really don't expect anything like that from Rivian any time soon.

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Do you mean at launch or ever? I really don't expect anything like that from Rivian any time soon.
Bummer...that would have been nice.

Sponsored

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
If you mean something like Tesla has at the moment, that's totally useless feature in my opinion :)

If you mean something like "hey Rivian I'm hiking this trail, pick me up on the other end" - that would be awesome, but realistically that won't happen anytime soon.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I want the summon mode for the flatbed delivery truck that brings my R1T with Max Pack and removable roof to my driveway in fall of 2021, way ahead of schedule. Otherwise it is useless.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Summon is awesome - saves me time when I need to move car in or out of garage.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I need the Rivian to pick me up at the bottom of the ski lift so I don’t have to walk across the parking lot in my ski boots with all my gear

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I used summon to put my Model X in the garage. It would pull up to the garage, open it, pull in, and shut the garage behind it. It was awesome, but I would literally stand next to it the entire time to make sure it did it right even though it would have been faster for me to just pull it in myself.

Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
At my house if i could ask my Rivian to exit the garage and park on the street that would not only be cool, it would be useful.

Would I pay for it??? Not so sure.

When I heard Tesla was working on basically a valet mode that you could get dropped off and it parks itself that solidified my desire for an autonomous vehicle. If I could use summon as a parking tool that would be very useful, even if it was only for places with a parking lot.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've kept Summon disabled on my Model X as long as I've had it. I don't trust it especially after seeing videos like the one above.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I've kept Summon disabled on my Model X as long as I've had it. I don't trust it especially after seeing videos like the one above.
Rather than summon, a feature to help you find it in a parking lot would be fine, by me...

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Rather than summon, a feature to help you find it in a parking lot would be fine, by me...
That one I think should be available in Rivian. In my current car's app I can see position of the car on the map. You can just walk there or turn on navigation to the car. You can also ask it to flash or honk if you're close and still don't see it.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
That one I think should be available in Rivian. In my current car's app I can see position of the car on the map. You can just walk there or turn on navigation to the car. You can also ask it to flash or honk if you're close and still don't see it.
Have the car's Alexa via a phone app just keep saying "colder ... hotter" as you wander around the parking lot in the rain.
Sponsored