Sponsored

Started the 8 steps and am getting cold feet. Edit: warm fuzzies now, completed the steps :)

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
@Oldsmobile_Mike the only thing I would say is, have you driven an R1T yet? They really are great. And what turned me around and made me move forward despite range/max pack concerns and nearly convincing myself that I should just get a 2023 GMC Canyon AT4X and likely never worry about anything, is that the R1T is more enjoyable 95% of the days of the year.
The other 5% of the days, I'll make some sacrifices and plan around.
As for the bed, you can get various cut to fit liners or spray bed liners that would solve that problem.
Sponsored

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I'm six months in and by and large it's been a positive experience. It's been fun to drive, software updates have continually brought improvements, especially to PAAK which went from barely working to being highly reliable and the mobile app has improved significantly.

No issue with the recall, just stopped by the service center for 5 minutes and that was taken care of before the paperwork showed up in my inbox.

Are there things I don't like? Sure, the lack of CarPlay, Sirius, heavy reliance on a cellular service that drops from coverage, navigation that frequently won't find a Costco that's 3 miles away and wants to send me 20 miles further but most of these can be addressed through software and we're only a year or so into deliveries.

I do think they need to expand on service centers or maybe find larger locations. I know a few people shopping EV's that are leaning toward Ford, Kia, Hyundai etc.. simply to have a more robust support system or at least the perception of one.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You incorrectly stated "all the recalls". There's been ONE. And that was precautionary to ensure that one bolt was tightened to a specific torque rating. It was a 30 second fix and an issue that existed only on a small fraction of trucks.
There has been three, actually. https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2022/RIVIAN/R1T#recalls Most vehicles have only had one.

There are a lot of customer satisfaction campaigns though.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Whatā€™s all this make 20k on it? My truck delivered is 88kā€¦ thats a bit more than itā€™s selling for on the auction sites nowā€¦ and with the percentage they keep, people are seeing losses on these, right?

OP
OP

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
I really feel this post. My concerns echo yours, with the addition of "Max pack = when??" (for towing purposes), the removal of 12V outlet in frunk (admittedly nit-picking, but my wife had planned on using a cooler there for when we take road trips), no wireless Android Auto (have really come to enjoy it since installing it in my current WT), and the easily-damaged plastic bed. That's specifically in reference to the thread a couple months ago where a toolbox damaged the bed. I was carrying a washing machine in the bed of my current work truck last week and it slid around. If a toolbox can easily damage the R1T bed, I can't imagine what heavy appliances or server racks (which I carry on a regular basis) would do. šŸ˜ž

I don't need my $1000 bucks back right away so will hold onto my reservation, but I went down to my local Chevy dealership this past Saturday and put down a deposit for a Silverado 1500 WT with 8' bed. I think this will much more closely match my needs than the R1T. Chevy says "4-6 months" for delivery on a custom WT. Hopefully current WT will make it that long (has 237,000 miles on it). Guess we'll see what Rivian says in 2024 or 2025, if they ever get to my reservation. I'd love an EV but don't think any of the current crop will meet my needs as well as this:

Silverado 1500 Screenshot 2022-12-19 141432.png

Good luck to everyone else on here. Still keeping my Rivian stock and reservation and hoping for the best. šŸ˜„
I have a Nissan Titan WT, I think Iā€™m gonna keep it, long term. Itā€™s nice to dump 2-3 yards of mulch and drive through the back yard and not care if it gets beat up. Also, Iā€™ll have a long haul tow vehicl. I occasionally go to Canada fishing

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
While Iā€˜d love to keep the thread going. 8 page thread on my first post is pretty good :) Itā€™s probably time to shut it down, because Iā€™ve completed 7 of the 8 steps and am just waiting on a pick up date!!!

Thanks to all who gave their responses, positive and negative. I hope it helps someone else who is having trouble pulling the trigger.

Socalriv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Congrats! I totally forgot about the 7500 credit with no income limits..is this still true? Been out the EV game since Tesla a few years back. Did your guide say it will be here before Jan 1?

MOTOP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Your first two posts and this is your contribution - it's hard for me to believe otherwise, sorry! How did you come to the conclusion?

Edit - On second thought, did Elon send you here?
Noisy motors.
No, Elon didnā€™t send me. In fact, I sold MXP in June for R1T.
MXP has a better pedal. Rivianā€™s is too soft. MXP has extremely quite motorsā€¦i think 3 of them. Mine are noisy as hell at any speed over 5 MPH. Also they start humming at 65 and the wind noise is crazy. Itā€™s good that I donā€™t drive on highways much.
The ā€œconceptā€ is good. But iā€™d wait for ver.2 !

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Noisy motors.
No, Elon didnā€™t send me. In fact, I sold MXP in June for R1T.
MXP has a better pedal. Rivianā€™s is too soft. MXP has extremely quite motorsā€¦i think 3 of them. Mine are noisy as hell at any speed over 5 MPH. Also they start humming at 65 and the wind noise is crazy. Itā€™s good that I donā€™t drive on highways much.
The ā€œconceptā€ is good. But iā€™d wait for ver.2 !
Let me understand this...
You complain the RIVIAN has noisy motors, yet you give advice for OP to go with ICE.
You don't even know exactly how many motors the MXP that you sold for the RIVIAN has.
So, have you sold your RIVIAN for the ICE that you want yet?
And you say the MXP has a better pedal than the RIVIAN... I don't even know what that means...hmm, a pedler :giggle:?

Sorry! Can't help it!
Sponsored

Last edited: