Sponsored

Started the 8 steps and am getting cold feet. Edit: warm fuzzies now, completed the steps :)

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
I'm in the same boat, but I had no idea mine was coming, until I got the 8 steps email, and schedule delivery email within 1 minute of each other last week. So, I had to scramble to figure out wtf I was doing. I had a ton of things going through my head:
  • My Tesla trade in values are garbage
  • Interest rates are high
  • Nearest service center is 2.5 hours away
  • The DC Fast Charging network in the Philadelphia area is a joke, even though Tesla has stations at ever rest stop.
  • Stock price tanked again (I own stock too)
My logical brain tells me I shouldn't, but since I have early pricing, and I can get it this year guaranteeing the $7500 rebate, if I don't get it now, I won't be getting it at all, and I really want to try out Rivian.
So I said fuck it, delivery scheduled for Tuesday evening. I'll let you know if it's worth the hype.
Delivery this year plus old pricing= $20k savings. Worst case you resell it next year for more than you paid. Can't lose at this game
Sponsored

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I think the right choice depends a lot on your personal use case.

I decided to delay delivery of my R1T from Nov 22 until sometime in 2023 because I’m still not sure if it is the right fit for my particular needs.
Was there any problem requesting a delayed delivery date? I am in this position, as well. I’m fully expecting a guide contact any day and I’m simply not ready. Thanks

graemebshaw

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Consultant and investor
Was there any problem requesting a delayed delivery date? I am in this position, as well. I’m fully expecting a guide contact any day and I’m simply not ready. Thanks
No problems at all. You get to keep your pricing and just enter a “not ready” status. Can reinstate your position in line anytime, apparently.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I'm in the same boat, but I had no idea mine was coming, until I got the 8 steps email, and schedule delivery email within 1 minute of each other last week.
Had you confirmed your configuration prior to these emails? Or, did these emails just appear, without any configuration confirmation? I purposely have not confirmed my configuration, in spite of being asked to do so on my webpage, hoping to delay the process until well into 2023. I’m getting anxious about my options and the process.

Sponsored

graemebshaw

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Consultant and investor
Had you confirmed your configuration prior to these emails? Or, did these emails just appear, without any configuration confirmation? I purposely have not confirmed my configuration, in spite of being asked to do so on my webpage, hoping to delay the process until well into 2023. I’m getting anxious about my options and the process.
I did the same, and then I think they called me (although I can’t remember whether I initiated the call, or if they asked for the call). I changed my status on the call.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

I had confirmed. 2 weeks ago my guide just said she had no timing estimate for me, and it would likely be in the new year. So either she didn't know it was in production already or someone else declined delivery of a similar config.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
There are lots of ways to not qualify anymore, even if you do take delivery this year. The rules changed.
Not sure what you are talking about. Everyone will qualify this year. You’ll only get $7500 if you have that much in taxes but will still qualify no matter what. No income restrictions.

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
Not sure what you are talking about. Everyone will qualify this year. You’ll only get $7500 if you have that much in taxes but will still qualify no matter what. No income restrictions.
I was talking about the changes based on income eligibility, but it looks like they actually voted those in a year ago to bring the MAGI for joint filers limit from $500K to $300K. Time flies when you're waiting for a Rivian I guess.

In any case, no, this tax credit is not available to everyone... But that's a conversation for a different, off topic thread.

And if there are really "no income restrictions" I'll leave that up to my tax guy. Most of what I've read says there definitely are.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I was talking about the changes based on income eligibility, but it looks like they actually voted those in a year ago to bring the MAGI for joint filers limit from $500K to $300K. Time flies when you're waiting for a Rivian I guess.

In any case, no, this tax credit is not available to everyone... But that's a conversation for a different, off topic thread.

And if there are really "no income restrictions" I'll leave that up to my tax guy. Most of what I've read says there definitely are.
This year is still under the old rules. So no income limits.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
If it helps - I change cars a lot and someone asked me 'how long you going to keep that one haha' and honestly couldn't think of anything I'd rather have. Not to say there aren't any good vehicles but, just love this one.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
If you live in a conservative part of truck country you may experience some negative attention as well. I have had coal rolled on me more in the last week than I have ever even seen (2 times in one day), but that is actually only happened 3 times total.

Enjoy and see you at a future meet up.
Had a guy try and roll coal on me on my second day of ownership…I suppose it was less than satisfying when I went by him like he was in reverse. After about 10 car lengths and growing, I noticed in the rear view all the coal rolling had stopped.

1 Oct 22 - Rivian 1, Diesel 0.
Sponsored

Last edited: