Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

2022 VIN 52xx, no update. I’m pretty sure within the target vehicles Rivian does it in random order. They probably do a batch of employee ones first.
I’ve seen no roll issues in my R1T but did have another non-electric vehicle roll down a hill towards me today. Fortunately both me and the car survived.
Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

I’m one of that group.

The mileage data is interesting.

Who bought their R1T as a novelty (a +1) versus who bought it as a daily driver.
Or the low mileage people might be retired

Bimmer100

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Audio HiFi Manufacturer
Clubs

We've seen a number of reports in this forum of excessive vampire drain being caused by an accelerator pedal that stayed slightly depressed even with no one in the car, causing the vehicle to stay awake. Rivian had fixed these by replacing the pedal.

From this update, it seems like they've seen this enough times to be able to correlate this problem with a specific batch of parts, and are now able to push a software fix for vehicles with those parts rather than have to replace all the parts individually.
I wonder if my car has this issue. It’s by far the worst EV I’ve ever owned. For both vampire drain and just general unrealiable too. Enough problems to claim it a lemon.
anyone 5-6% a day drain was common all year. My truck “broken” since may 2023 or 2023.14.0…. Truck is broke, no sos, no gps, no paak, no Bluetooth, os is horrific at best. The frunk also broken after 3-4 uses. Hinges bent and paint flaked off, one strut popped off. Also steering wheel trim on column falling apart, and rear seat trim falling apart. Motors sound whiney and loud. 1500 miles approx… parked from may til nov… finally Rivian got me in for repairs in November. Originally scheduled for February of 2024! Btw. But they squeezed me in last minute for nov… was at SC over 3 weeks. To repair frunk and replace telematics control module, update software and all…
Anyhow the time it was stored in my drive way, I didn’t drive it ever. Just charged it many times as @6% a day loss it’s stupid imo.
our BMW i4 m50’s are king in this dept, yes.. we have two. But I was in life threatening accident back on August 2nd… had three major surgeries and 19days in hospital. Was driving our model 3 and would say it saved my life… was hit by a Silverado truck head on… and broke my neck, tibia and calcaneus. Should be dead or paralyzed… but my i4 m50 was parked with 80% charge on aug 2 and not til late November did I move it, but sat in in for 2hours to listen to music. It lost only 2% or was at 78% during this time. Seems reasonable imo. By Rivian loses about 2% a day still, after fixes and updated 2023.46.0 update. Something isn’t right. It has a huge battery and why would it use this much power to be parked?
If Rivian can’t get this fixed. And if they don’t install the power tonneau that the truck was ordered with, I’m done. Getting CT and selling my stock. I’m just remaining positive and hope they will make things right. But anyhow. I’m ranting now. We bought the truck being excited about it and wanting the power tonneau… later being told it was removed during production yada yada. But now being told by some I’m out of luck no matter what I’m told… and other people say I’m ok and they will install it once it’s available… I don’t know what to believe. But I can get in early on the CT if I want. Just tempting.
I don’t own any Tesla anymore, since the model3 is gone. And the dreaded model S is long gone from back in 2021. Hated that btw.

im a big fan of EV’s in general. And I want to live this Rivian. I do. I want to believe in the company. But I sure have been dealt a crappy hand by Rivian so far. And trying to remain positive. I own stock in Many companies and believe Rivian will turn around once the R2 is out. But this R1 series was pure learning for Rivian. Nothing more. It’s a kick ass truck no doubt, but has a long list of issues. Most of which are fixed on my truck now. But have more issues I’m noticing now. And it’s weird to say I’ve had this truck for a year and it’s only got 1600miles on it. Mainly because it’s been broken the entire time! I’ve barely had a chance to experience the thing!
If this new update fixes this vampire drain, that’s going to be great. I will remain hopeful.

i also hope they add stupid silly simple things like allowing us to change the rgb color interior lighting. And hate the turn signal sound, it’s gritty sounding in the silent parts, makes my skin crawl, and maybe because I can hear the high freq noise in the sampled sound. Weird they didn’t mute the silence between turn signal sounds, it’s awfully unsettling to me, and my wife has even better hearing than I do and she hates it. It’s a sibilant sort of sound. I can’t be crazy. My wife hears it but nobody else seems to talk about it.
Otherwise, where is Netflix? Where is YouTube? These need to be added. And scheduling for preconditioning… BMW has the best app for their EV’s, allowing multiple scheduled times and days to auto precondition… example… leave at 5am in morning so car auto pre conditions for this departure… and again maybe for 5pm another departure. But only on mon-Friday. While sat it will be 8am and 4pm.. but Rivian is like a switch. On and off. And hope you remember it! So far behind the competition with their app. Would be a much better truck if they checked out how BMW is doing it. I prefer BMW i4 as my daily no doubt. But the Rivian is nice as I’m stiff grumpy crumudgeon since my accident…. Had some badass weistec rock sliders/steps installed to help me get into the R1T.
Anyhow, sorry to rant so much. But it’s a love and hate relationship with the Rivian R1T.

cjbot3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

2022 5k vin - haven't noticed anything amiss with vampire drain nor accelerator pedal

Updating now

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Or the low mileage people might be retired
I was going to say this doesn't look like a stark difference. No 2-300 mile ones listed. I used to drive about 30 miles a week and commute by foot/train. Now I have a 100+ mile round trip commute. Big difference in my annual miles now!
About 24k on my 1600 vin, and I consider this my daily driver.

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

19xx (2022)
Got the prompt. Will wait and see before I update.
My vampire drain is less than 1% a night and the car is always sleep when parked. Not sure why I got the update. I also haven’t noticed a creep at all.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

VIN 77XX 2022 R1T 23K miles. No update notification yet. Haven't noticed this issue.
Edit-as soon as I hit send, got the update notice 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

I’m 8xxx R1T and got the update. She’s been a good sleeper with vampire drain on the low end of reports (~700 W) overnight. No unusual rolling that I have noticed.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
2022 R1T VIN 25xx, 27k miles

Synapticon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
2022, 16K miles, VIN just below 3000, updated last night.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

95xx vin here, no update yet.

Definitely a roll backwards before holding (it is a changed behavior, it didn't roll when i first got it)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
First drive this morning on the new .01 and can definitely say the throttle mapping feels quite a bit different. Much more travel is required for a similar acceleration/deceleration feel as the .00. It was so different that I had to double check I was still on Max regen.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

First drive this morning on the new .01 and can definitely say the throttle mapping feels quite a bit different. Much more travel is required for a similar acceleration/deceleration feel as the .00. It was so different that I had to double check I was still on Max regen.
I just stabbed the throttle in sport+lowest at a light and my head hit the headrest my truck hit so hard and instantly instead of there being a throttle delay.

I wasn't on the brake at all. Fans on my truck immediately went up to full speed to cool something down. Need to re-test to see if it wasn't a fluke, because holy crap I don't remember it ever being that abrupt before.

Anyone else experiencing this after the .1 update?

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if my car has this issue. It’s by far the worst EV I’ve ever owned. For both vampire drain and just general unrealiable too. Enough problems to claim it a lemon.
anyone 5-6% a day drain was common all year. My truck “broken” since may 2023 or 2023.14.0…. Truck is broke, no sos, no gps, no paak, no Bluetooth, os is horrific at best. The frunk also broken after 3-4 uses. Hinges bent and paint flaked off, one strut popped off. Also steering wheel trim on column falling apart, and rear seat trim falling apart. Motors sound whiney and loud. 1500 miles approx… parked from may til nov… finally Rivian got me in for repairs in November. Originally scheduled for February of 2024! Btw. But they squeezed me in last minute for nov… was at SC over 3 weeks. To repair frunk and replace telematics control module, update software and all…
Anyhow the time it was stored in my drive way, I didn’t drive it ever. Just charged it many times as @6% a day loss it’s stupid imo.
our BMW i4 m50’s are king in this dept, yes.. we have two. But I was in life threatening accident back on August 2nd… had three major surgeries and 19days in hospital. Was driving our model 3 and would say it saved my life… was hit by a Silverado truck head on… and broke my neck, tibia and calcaneus. Should be dead or paralyzed… but my i4 m50 was parked with 80% charge on aug 2 and not til late November did I move it, but sat in in for 2hours to listen to music. It lost only 2% or was at 78% during this time. Seems reasonable imo. By Rivian loses about 2% a day still, after fixes and updated 2023.46.0 update. Something isn’t right. It has a huge battery and why would it use this much power to be parked?
If Rivian can’t get this fixed. And if they don’t install the power tonneau that the truck was ordered with, I’m done. Getting CT and selling my stock. I’m just remaining positive and hope they will make things right. But anyhow. I’m ranting now. We bought the truck being excited about it and wanting the power tonneau… later being told it was removed during production yada yada. But now being told by some I’m out of luck no matter what I’m told… and other people say I’m ok and they will install it once it’s available… I don’t know what to believe. But I can get in early on the CT if I want. Just tempting.
I don’t own any Tesla anymore, since the model3 is gone. And the dreaded model S is long gone from back in 2021. Hated that btw.

im a big fan of EV’s in general. And I want to live this Rivian. I do. I want to believe in the company. But I sure have been dealt a crappy hand by Rivian so far. And trying to remain positive. I own stock in Many companies and believe Rivian will turn around once the R2 is out. But this R1 series was pure learning for Rivian. Nothing more. It’s a kick ass truck no doubt, but has a long list of issues. Most of which are fixed on my truck now. But have more issues I’m noticing now. And it’s weird to say I’ve had this truck for a year and it’s only got 1600miles on it. Mainly because it’s been broken the entire time! I’ve barely had a chance to experience the thing!
If this new update fixes this vampire drain, that’s going to be great. I will remain hopeful.

i also hope they add stupid silly simple things like allowing us to change the rgb color interior lighting. And hate the turn signal sound, it’s gritty sounding in the silent parts, makes my skin crawl, and maybe because I can hear the high freq noise in the sampled sound. Weird they didn’t mute the silence between turn signal sounds, it’s awfully unsettling to me, and my wife has even better hearing than I do and she hates it. It’s a sibilant sort of sound. I can’t be crazy. My wife hears it but nobody else seems to talk about it.
Otherwise, where is Netflix? Where is YouTube? These need to be added. And scheduling for preconditioning… BMW has the best app for their EV’s, allowing multiple scheduled times and days to auto precondition… example… leave at 5am in morning so car auto pre conditions for this departure… and again maybe for 5pm another departure. But only on mon-Friday. While sat it will be 8am and 4pm.. but Rivian is like a switch. On and off. And hope you remember it! So far behind the competition with their app. Would be a much better truck if they checked out how BMW is doing it. I prefer BMW i4 as my daily no doubt. But the Rivian is nice as I’m stiff grumpy crumudgeon since my accident…. Had some badass weistec rock sliders/steps installed to help me get into the R1T.
Anyhow, sorry to rant so much. But it’s a love and hate relationship with the Rivian R1T.
Sorry about your situation and glad you made it through that horrible accident. Please lemon your R1T or sell it and move on with a new CT. Come back after the R2 if you like, but with all those complaints, why would you torture yourself. Move on.
Sponsored