Sponsored

The J-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2020 BMW X5 M50
Installed the update tonight and after the first ride height change that I did, the front passenger side was sitting about half in higher in all modes than the driver side. Did a hard reboot and it hasn't resolved. Anybody else? The half inch is really noticeable. Truck was perfectly level at all four wheels before the update.
Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
There seems to be an improvement to L1 charging in this release. Prior, the truck burned through so much energy that L1 charging was basically a wash -- that's not the case anymore as it's at least doing something.
Is it an improvement to L1, or reduction in vampire drain so that you're now netting some energy on L1?

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Is it an improvement to L1, or reduction in vampire drain so that you're now netting some energy on L1?
One, neither, or both. No clue beyond the net effect.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I know others are dogging you, but this is a fair critique of sport mode IMO. It absolutely bucks at the slightest variance in pedal position. I don't use sport mode for this reason, but I would if it was tweaked to be a bit more forgiving.

I posted the original complaint on this thread about this. I have had a model s 90D for 6 years and put 100k on it and haven't had this problem.

It's not a huge gripe considering how awesome the truck is, and I don't want too get too far into the weeds but..

As best I can tell the 2 biggest differences between those cars in this instance is driver position and strength of regen. I'm 6'3" - in the model S I'm practically sitting on the floor with legs full extended and my heel never moves.

In the truck i am sitting upright, like in a chair, with my legs flexed - all that acceleration followed by quick regeneration makes it difficult to keep the heel planted.

There's a sport mode feed back loop - press pedal > body(and foot) move back and leave pedal> regen kicks in hard> body (and foot) move forward > pedal gets pressed vigorously> and so on.

A second or 2 of "coasting" after acceleration in Sport wouldn't hurt the direct responsiveness or fun IMO.

Now I feel crazy for typing all of that but I'm not using my real name and it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
You might want to try a soft reset. One of my vents also got completely messed up and thought it was broken, but a soft reset fixed it.
I'll give that a try. I do think the OTA install is a reset though.

Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Well I can confirm with this app update that the (RIDE) menu is now officially a 5 pin passcode instead of 4 😂 (this was expected)

The ride hight and vent issues is a nice fix, I can confirm seeing the new (Auto) button above "all purpose" and "conservative" 👍
Does anybody feel like the auto suspension setting doesn't do anything? I do a lot of driving in my r1t, and I'm up around 5,000 miles already and here I'm going on to the expressway reaching speeds of 80 miles an hour and conserve mode and the suspension stays in the mid setting of standard. It doesn't drop down to low or lowest for efficiency reasons.

What's the point of auto?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I posted the original complaint on this thread about this. I have had a model s 90D for 6 years and put 100k on it and haven't had this problem.

It's not a huge gripe considering how awesome the truck is, and I don't want too get too far into the weeds but..

As best I can tell the 2 biggest differences between those cars in this instance is driver position and strength of regen. I'm 6'3" - in the model S I'm practically sitting on the floor with legs full extended and my heel never moves.

In the truck i am sitting upright, like in a chair, with my legs flexed - all that acceleration followed by quick regeneration makes it difficult to keep the heel planted.

There's a sport mode feed back loop - press pedal > body(and foot) move back and leave pedal> regen kicks in hard> body (and foot) move forward > pedal gets pressed vigorously> and so on.

A second or 2 of "coasting" after acceleration in Sport wouldn't hurt the direct responsiveness or fun IMO.

Now I feel crazy for typing all of that but I'm not using my real name and it's nice to know I'm not the only one!
I drive in sport mode all the time and don't have this issue, even on roads with raised seams where the truck is bucking. Guessing it's user error on your end.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
"Highway lane centering improvement"...NOT. First thing I wanted to try after the update, as the Driver + seems to drift a lot and doesn't stay in the lane center nearly as much as my 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV using SuperCruise. Was hoping for a lot better. Anybody else have issues with Driver + NOT centering very well? Not very comfortable when the R1T drifts close to the centerline when there is also an 18 wheeler in the adjacent lane.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
"Highway lane centering improvement"...NOT. First thing I wanted to try after the update, as the Driver + seems to drift a lot and doesn't stay in the lane center nearly as much as my 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV using SuperCruise. Was hoping for a lot better. Anybody else have issues with Driver + NOT centering very well? Not very comfortable when the R1T drifts close to the centerline when there is also an 18 wheeler in the adjacent lane.
Driver+ seems to get a bit jumpy for me once the lane markers aren't clear and since I'm holding off on any really long trips for the short term I'm not really engaging it for local driving.

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost

You're not crazy. I live in a very hilly area with nice curvy country roads, so I do love me some sport when I'm alone. I'd probably use more sport with passengers if the regen was slightly slower to keep the bucking down. I'm in all-purpose 95% of the time when driving people around for their comfort. Your feedback loop is exactly what I experience. Hit a minor bump and I get at least one, usually two, bucks.

Having the different modes does make this truck awesome though. Wild that it can go from hauling lumber and passengers in comfort on any road, to doing a pretty good sport sedan imitation with a screen tap.

Is it a big deal? No. Could they improve it some while still keeping the suspension firm? I think so.

If this was my first electric, my first quick vehicle with firm suspension, or I'd never taken performance driving classes, I'd think I just sucked at driving. It's not though, and I don't.

I totally agree with you on the seating position being a factor, too. That's unavoidable, and I'd prefer it over that sitting on the pan feeling of a Tacoma.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Does anybody feel like the auto suspension setting doesn't do anything? I do a lot of driving in my r1t, and I'm up around 5,000 miles already and here I'm going on to the expressway reaching speeds of 80 miles an hour and conserve mode and the suspension stays in the mid setting of standard. It doesn't drop down to low or lowest for efficiency reasons.

What's the point of auto?
Does your driver instrument panel show "A" next to the current ride height?

When mine is in Auto, I see the "A" and it does switch between Standard and Low, based on speed. Sometimes it takes a minute or two to adjust down -- I think it wants to ensure you're going to maintain that speed before lowering.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does your driver instrument panel show "A" next to the current ride height?

When mine is in Auto, I see the "A" and it does switch between Standard and Low, based on speed. Sometimes it takes a minute or two to adjust down -- I think it wants to ensure you're going to maintain that speed before lowering.
Yup, auto next to the suspension lines and auto illuminated blue on the drive mode screen.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Driver+ seems to get a bit jumpy for me once the lane markers aren't clear and since I'm holding off on any really long trips for the short term I'm not really engaging it for local driving.
Agreed... I feel Driver+ kinda took a slight step back with this update. I've logged 400 miles of highway driving and immediately I felt there was more steeringwheel play while Driver+ was engaged after the latest update.

Anyone else's thoughts?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Well I can confirm with this app update that the (RIDE) menu is now officially a 5 pin passcode instead of 4 😂 (this was expected)

The ride hight and vent issues is a nice fix, I can confirm seeing the new (Auto) button above "all purpose" and "conservative" 👍
Let's start hacking!!!!

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Vampire certainly helps, but L1 charging is objectively bad in consumption. It sucks something like 700-900 watts, so it's much worse than just vampire.
Sponsored