Sponsored

So how long until a forum member here gets their R1T?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Lucid started production and will deliver in October. They have about 13k reservations with 520 premium models. I forget if rivian announced the number of reservations. Probably not.
Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Well, my configuration home page says "What's Next - We’ll contact you to confirm your configuration and order when we get closer to production. "

So...perhaps this means "closer to production" of a vehicle for me? But we know that depends on...configuration.

I suspect that this is just a continuation of their acknowledged poor communications. Hopefully the quality of the vehicles themselves is better.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Lucid started production and will deliver in October. They have about 13k reservations with 520 premium models. I forget if rivian announced the number of reservations. Probably not.
In fairness I read their software is still very much a WIP. As in they didn't show their navigation yesterday as its not ready yet.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I say within a week (before or after) Thanksgiving before a "real person" gets one - forum member or not.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

From a recent video, the presenter mentioned 40,000 pre-orders.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Yes. Bellevue is sitting there twiddling it's thumbs.
Seriously.

I drive by that service center every day for work and I have no idea what those folks are doing. TBH, I've seen on numerous occasions people looking like they are just lounging around. At the very least there's no activity around cars/vans.

Actually, I take that back. I did see an Amazon delivery van a couple of weeks back in the shop. I think it was there to be delivered to Amazon, didnt look it it was being serviced.

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
Seriously.

I drive by that service center every day for work and I have no idea what those folks are doing. TBH, I've seen on numerous occasions people looking like they are just lounging around. At the very least there's no activity around cars/vans.

Actually, I take that back. I did see an Amazon delivery van a couple of weeks back in the shop. I think it was there to be delivered to Amazon, didnt look it it was being serviced.
I drive by it every day as well, and see a lot of folks just staring at their phones. Can;t wait to see them staring at trucks to be prepped and delivered.

brianmartin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Camaro 2.0t
Don’t shoot the messenger, but I think they’re still working out a lot of small kinks, and are therefore delaying deliveries to non-employees. If you read/watch the reviews that came out yesterday there was a large number of problems with the trucks. Just a few that I remember seeing:
-Power tonneau broken on all but one truck
-Very jittery cameras
-problem with window foam preventing the window from properly rolling up
-tailgate not dropping automatically
-regen causing overheating even on mild grades
-some windshield wipers having a mind of their own
-multiple reports of problems with Driver+
-laggy navigation/maps
-a few others I don’t remember off the top of my head

None of this to take away from the generally amazing success of the reviews, but I feel like there are quite a few fixes that might still need to be corrected before these get out in the real public.

Yes, I know the trucks from the reviews were pre-prod. And yes, I know OTA updates can potentially be used to fix the non-mechanical issues.
i know people don't like to hear it, but this seems right. there were a lot of little issues with the trucks that scream "not ready for production yet".
i don't think a non employee is getting a truck until nov/dec, personally.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Don’t shoot the messenger, but I think they’re still working out a lot of small kinks, and are therefore delaying deliveries to non-employees. If you read/watch the reviews that came out yesterday there was a large number of problems with the trucks. Just a few that I remember seeing:
-Very jittery cameras
-multiple reports of problems with Driver+
-laggy navigation/maps
-a few others I don’t remember off the top of my head

None of this to take away from the generally amazing success of the reviews, but I feel like there are quite a few fixes that might still need to be corrected before these get out in the real public.

Yes, I know the trucks from the reviews were pre-prod. And yes, I know OTA updates can potentially be used to fix the non-mechanical issues.
This is a good explanation for why they are so worried about delivering places they will have service areas.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
40000 pre orders and how many of those are LE’s initially going to the four locations?

Maybe 10,000 LE’s and 6,000 of those divided up into the Normal, LA, SF and NY??

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
40000 pre orders and how many of those are LE’s initially going to the four locations?

Maybe 10,000 LE’s and 6,000 of those divided up into the Normal, LA, SF and NY??
This is the big question. I can't imagine there are more than 10k LEs. My guess is that they capped it at less (5k total?) to give themselves a more achievable target for this year. But my guess is based on nothing at all, and is probably driven more by my desire for low numbers (which would make it easier for me to get my LE R1S) than dispassionate rational analysis.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I only noticed the "regen causing overheating" issue. Where did you see the others? Also, which window had the problem?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
This is the big question. I can't imagine there are more than 10k LEs. My guess is that they capped it at less (5k total?) to give themselves a more achievable target for this year. But my guess is based on nothing at all, and is probably driven more by my desire for low numbers (which would make it easier for me to get my LE R1S) than dispassionate rational analysis.
I have to say, I always had that 5K number in my head as well for LEs, no way I see that number north of 10K.

I started a poll yesterday to get a feel for the R1T/R1S split, there is another forum that had it around 55/45 for R1Ts with a decent sample size around 1500, mine is oddly different at 60/40 R1S but only 128 responses so far.
Sponsored