First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
One of my favorite of the recent ones, he spends a lot of times showing the features, and confirms that the gear guard is 'sentry mode 'like as well as showing the cable system, and the four (!) key options you get.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Thanks for posting this. I posted in a different thread that there is a bit of an easter egg in this video. At approx. timestamp 26:15, he says someone from Rivian told him that there are 40,000 pre-orders.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I liked the video. My only complaint is with the click bait title. If Rivian announced the R1T before the CT and its now going into production before the CT, and the R1T is the CT killer.... then the CT was DOA? [They aren't even going after the same market ?]
I guess adding Tesla in titles gets the clicks.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Great review. Thanks. I tend to agree with pretty much everything.
Most people mention the screen response time is fine, but as a Tesla owner I think everything I've seen shows the Rivian screen looking laggy. So, if I compare to my Subaru, it's great. But Tesla really raised the bar with having a zippy display, at least in newer vehicles. I appreciate Rivian will be adding more software features OTA, however adding more software doesn't usually make existing software run faster. I'm hoping they work on optimizing existing code as well, and get the screen response to Tesla-level without requiring a hardware upgrade. I think they'll do just fine, but putting almost all controls into a display means that display really needs to rock. Sounds like they are aware of it and are working on it so I remain optimistic.

Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Good review! I like the way he did it.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Also the guy who had the Launch Green R1T! The color looks great imo. It looks worse right next to Forest Green but an excellent color in isolation.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
lots of good pics of the Launch Green/Forest Edge combo.

I'm switching to FE!!! :rock:

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
lots of good pics of the Launch Green/Forest Edge combo.

I'm switching to FE!!! :rock:
This was my takeaway as well! FWIW Quinn posted on Twitter to vouch for that combo:

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

He has been answering questions on Reddit. I haven't read through everything yet, but one takeaway is that he expects R1S deliveries to be quite a ways out yet based on his conversations.

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Easily the best review of that CO press junket. Lots of good insider info the others didn't mention...

...and LAUNCH GREEN!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
He has been answering questions on Reddit. I haven't read through everything yet, but one takeaway is that he expects R1S deliveries to be quite a ways out yet based on his conversations.

I saw that as well but not sure how that relates to the factory tour this week (article) with manufacturing chief Erik Fields. That being said, still very likely and possible no R1S vehicles will be delivered prior to January....

Rivian R1T R1S Snazzy Labs:   I Drove the Cybertruck Killer - Rivian R1T First Look Review 1632930431764-

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I saw that as well but not sure how that relates to the factory tour this week (article) with manufacturing chief Erik Fields. That being said, still very likely and possible no R1S vehicles will be delivered prior to January....

1632930431764-png.png
After reading the AMA, I now wonder if they left out the year on purpose in the article … December 2022?? Jk. But still, excuse me while I go cry in the corner.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Thanks for posting this. I posted in a different thread that there is a bit of an easter egg in this video. At approx. timestamp 26:15, he says someone from Rivian told him that there are 40,000 pre-orders.
Yep. Caught that too. Also said they are confident they’ll deliver all of their (40K) preorders by EOY 22. ?
Sponsored