trmaier

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicles
Ford F150
Hi All. Sorry to start a new topic, but what I've seen posted or found via search is all still speculation. I've also contacted Rivian Chat and gotten the same non-answers. I'm wondering what everyone thinks will happen with this? I know some could care less about SiriusXM integration, and to each their own. However, I'm thinking about the marketing of these EVs as "adventure vehicles." With adventure vehicles, one will find themselves in the middle of nowhere quite often. With that comes limited cell service and streaming apps no longer work. I can't imagine that Rivian has not thought about this, but it seems like SiriusXM is not guaranteed. I know there have been posts about what looks like a satellite radio antenna on recent photos, but Rivan Chat members still say nothing definite. Anyone have any thoughts on why?

Advertisement

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
I can't imagine the Meridian receiver wouldn't support SiriusXM unless Rivian intentionally didn't want to support which would seem unlikely. Perhaps they are trying to iron out the details of a free trial offer (ie, how long if at all) before they announce anything?

RivianXpress

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Sprinter, KTM TPI, BMW R1250GS
Occupation
Retired
I thought I saw the XM 'Shark' antenna on a few recent Rivian pictures??

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
I thought I saw the XM 'Shark' antenna on a few recent Rivian pictures??
So far there has been no acknowledgement of satellite radio support even though many of us have asked. The shark fin could simply be for cellular, gps and/or AM/FM, all of which we know the Rivian will have.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Honda Accord hybrid
Occupation
Construction Management
That's why I keep hard copies of all my CDs... no disk player, crap.
You make a good point trmaier, I've had XM since 2003 so I hope it makes it.

OP
T

trmaier

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicles
Ford F150
I can't imagine the Meridian receiver wouldn't support SiriusXM unless Rivian intentionally didn't want to support which would seem unlikely. Perhaps they are trying to iron out the details of a free trial offer (ie, how long if at all) before they announce anything?
Let's hope that is the case. I can't imagine Rivian not wanting to support SiriusXM either, given the likelihood of their vehicles being out of cell service range. What puzzles me is why Rivian support can not tell us anything concrete given they are 2-3 months away from delivery of their first vehicles. They have to already have the hardware integrated into the Rivian for SXM, otherwise it's not happening. I guess at the very least, we'll know when they start shipping! 😄

Advertisement

Advertisement