First Name
Oury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Fixing technical things for simple people
Is it just a matter of time before Waze is a navigation option? Curious as it’s one of the three available applications to mark my vehicle location in the Rivian app. Even Google and Apple Maps are an option as well. I don’t have any complaints with the standard UI and navigation.

Rivian R1T R1S Waze Integration Coming? IMG_4821
Sponsored

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
No. Never happening. That goes in the CarPlay and Android auto bucket. Wassym Bensaid gave reasons for using their own Nav in his Q&A in April 2023.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Curious as it’s one of the three available applications to mark my vehicle location in the Rivian app. Even Google and Apple Maps are an option as well.
No, you're misinterpreting what those options are, then you're extrapolating and jumping to conclusions.

The Rivian app allows you to choose which OTHER application you want to use to provide directions to your vehicle. The Rivian app queries the phone to find out which currently-installed applications on that phone have the ability to navigate to a location, then presents you with the list of those applications.

If you don't have Waze installed on your phone, that won't be an option.

If you have some other mapping software on your phone, you will also see that other software as an option.

This is simply a way to allow you to use your favorite navigation program to find your car.

OP
OP
Oyabro

Oyabro

First Name
Oury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Fixing technical things for simple people
If you have some other mapping software on your phone, you will also see that other software as an option.

This is simply a way to allow you to use your favorite navigation program to find your car.
Thanks. That makes more sense. 👍🏻
Sponsored