csharp

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

If you want to play the videos from the Gear Guard drive in sync with each other heres an example. Basically using an app owners made for doing it for tesla (https://sentrycam.appspot.com/) and then renaming the files to be like the Tesla files.
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 7.28.58 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 7.27.26 PM.jpg
cool that it works for Rivian video once you change the file names. Hopefully someone will come up with something for Rivian specific so we dont have to change the file name.
Sponsored

sandsk8erz400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
OK, I ordered the Anker, which I haven't tried yet. Fingers crossed. Wanted to double check it wasn't that one. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NW8RPYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Did your setup work with the Anker card reader? Truck just completed the update, had that card reader and a Sandisk 256GB High endurance card (brand new), passed the first two steps (recognize and format), then failed on the speed test. the card says it does 40Mb/s and the truck says it only needs 20 Mb/s if I remember correctly. Not sure if the issue is the card or the reader. Got the card from B&H photo since I heard about possible knockoffs on Amazon...

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 23 MY
Based on your comment, I tried it, too, and it's pretty clean!

I just ordered @cohall solution, too. I'll try both and see what I like better.

1683158266083.jpeg
I did the same, and that supplied USB-C cord is the perfect length for the drive to stay secured in that strap. Although, I will switch it to the other side like yours since the words being upside down bothers me a little.
Rivian R1T R1S Show off your dashcam memory card install PXL_20230504_035504736

csharp

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

I did the same, and that supplied USB-C cord is the perfect length for the drive to stay secured in that strap. Although, I will switch it to the other side like yours since the words being upside down bothers me a little.
PXL_20230504_035504736.jpg
Things I learned today... There is a strap in the cavern!

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Went the recommended route, a right angle adapter is probably better than this 90 degree …

Rivian R1T R1S Show off your dashcam memory card install B4285D89-66B2-4F3A-AB6C-FCC21FC8AC42

Sponsored

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S, 23 MY
Things I learned today... There is a strap in the cavern!
I discovered that there are two tiny little lights in there. Pretty cool little addition. I don't think I have ever seen lights in an armrest console, but again, this one is massive so probably necessary.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Finally got the last piece for my setup. Most of it is like others here, but I added the retractable usb-c + lightning cable to charge my iPad or my wife’s phone (she likes to use it while it’s charging).
Rivian R1T R1S Show off your dashcam memory card install IMG_5754

Here’s the link, if anyone is interested:
LISEN Multi Charging Cable, 5 in 1 Retractable iPhone Charger Cord, 60W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPBP61GQ

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
Did your setup work with the Anker card reader? Truck just completed the update, had that card reader and a Sandisk 256GB High endurance card (brand new), passed the first two steps (recognize and format), then failed on the speed test. the card says it does 40Mb/s and the truck says it only needs 20 Mb/s if I remember correctly. Not sure if the issue is the card or the reader. Got the card from B&H photo since I heard about possible knockoffs on Amazon...
I haven’t been able to get the Anker to work consistently (ordered from Amazon). It formatted and passed all the tests and I recorded a short video. Left the truck and came back and it said no card was setup. If I pull the microsd card and put it back into the anker the truck recognizes it again. So basically with the anker every time the truck stops I have to re-plug-in the microsd card.

not exactly a workable solution. I am going to try to order a different usb-c to microsd adapter: SmartQ C356 Type C (same one others have linked to in this thread) from Amazon.

Last edited:

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

USB what? Stick? SDD? MicroSD? I put heat sinks on my MicroSD for good measure.
What brand/product is your micro SD reader?

Sponsored

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Finally got the last piece for my setup. Most of it is like others here, but I added the retractable usb-c + lightning cable to charge my iPad or my wife’s phone (she likes to use it while it’s charging).

Here’s the link, if anyone is interested:
LISEN Multi Charging Cable, 5 in 1 Retractable iPhone Charger Cord, 60W
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPBP61GQ
Would you mind linking to your micro SD reader?

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Everything seems to have gone fine for the update, formatting, and setup. But after a drive, there are no Drive Cam videos unless I press the button to manually initiate a 2 min clip. A soft reset didn't help. Anyone else see this?
Did you pull your drive and hook up to computer?

The drive cam doesn't show in the UI - only the incidents and selecting the button I believe (horn honk, hard brake, etc).

Otherwise for the full drive, you need to look at the files on the drive from another device.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X