Sponsored

Shop Lead Time Estimates vs Reality

Twitter Fingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Reserved from the public shop on 1/29 and they texted me yesterday expecting delivery the week of 3/4.

It did say 1-2 weeks at the time, but I notice they've updated it to 1-5 weeks
Sponsored

Teddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just (finally) got a date today of next week for pickup; would have preferred a bit more information as the process went along, but at least now I can plan around it.

ExMachina08

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Motor Max Pack FG FE
Clubs

Noticed yesterday that the shop now states delivery in 1-6 weeks. I've got a date next week so 4 weeks for me.

blim

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Update on my order from 1/19. My guide told me it arrived at the Sacramento SC but still needs to be transported to the SC in the Bay Area, which could be by early next week. Still have not received any actual date estimate nor have I been able to schedule anything.

Etirps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ram 1500 Limited, soon R1T PDM Max
Ordered R1T from shop 1/19, truck in normal, guide said mid Feb. Got a call this week that it’s at the SF service center and scheduled pickup for next week

Sponsored

blim

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Ordered R1T from shop 1/19, truck in normal, guide said mid Feb. Got a call this week that it’s at the SF service center and scheduled pickup for next week
Nice! Same order date and also Bay Area! Hoping mine is close by and can schedule delivery soon.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I locked in my choice from the shop on 6/9/23 when the vehicle was in Normal, Illinois and took delivery a week later on 6/17/23 in Dallas, TX after truck delivery.

It helps it was end of the quarter push and truck delivery was the only way to get the vehicle in my hands before the end of the quarter for Earnings reporting.

For me Rivian’s estimate of 1 - 2 weeks was extremely accurate.

Last edited:

Teddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Okay, scratch my earlier message. Less than 24 hours before our pickup, they're claiming 'it's not off the train yet' so they're rescheduling. This is such a sh*tshow. So you were going to give yourself no time at all to inspect the vehicle? This is preeeetty sus.

Chrisy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
I have ordered on Oct 21 (late Saturday) and picked up on Oct 30.
I had a trade-in and also financed still I got my truck in 1 week and 2 days.

Teddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have ordered on Oct 21 (late Saturday) and picked up on Oct 30.
I had a trade-in and also financed still I got my truck in 1 week and 2 days.
Definitely your proximity to IL helping you out there. :)

Sponsored

Chrisy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
Definitely your proximity to IL helping you out there. :)
I think it was more like a proximity to an SC ;)
As it turned out one vehicle with the same configuration as I ordered was already en-route to the SC from the plant on the day I have ordered it from the shop.
Probably a simpler config means a better chance for a quicker turn around (or at least it was for my specific case)

edit: sorry for all the edits :D

Teddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I think it was more like a proximity to an SC ;)
That too, though that didn't help us here in the Portland Metro area; we have *two* SC's, still waiting for ours after 4+ weeks (originally was told 1-2 weeks).

NorCalChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: R1S Dual, Standard Range, Rivian Blue
Ordered a standard pack R1S from the shop minutes after they went live on 2/8. Est said 1-5 weeks, but then I got a text then next day from the service center that the vehicle had arrived, was starting it's inspections and to start the purchase process. Since then it's been crickets despite messages to my guide. My account says "purchase to open in 3-5 weeks". 🤷‍♂️

Teddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Ordered a standard pack R1S from the shop minutes after they went live on 2/8. Est said 1-5 weeks, but then I got a text then next day from the service center that the vehicle had arrived, was starting it's inspections and to start the purchase process. Since then it's been crickets despite messages to my guide. My account says "purchase to open in 3-5 weeks". 🤷‍♂️
Yeah it's insanely frustrating how little companies care about support/service when it comes to this kind of stuff, especially when they won't give you any information to start with.

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
Yeah it's insanely frustrating how little companies care about support/service when it comes to this kind of stuff, especially when they won't give you any information to start with.
Agreed but I still prefer this over the dealership experience.
Sponsored