Sponsored

Shipping time estimates from Normal?

antelux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Forrester
Clubs

Pingged my SC and Guide today. Got two different answers.
- My guide says "Your R1S is set to arrive SC next week"
- The SC center says 2-3 weeks out.

- "Ready to leave factory" notice 7/28

Who should I believe SC or Guide? Does anyone have the same kind of mixed responses?
My guide was very optimistic compared to SC. This was my timeline -

7/20 - Selected R1S on 7/20
7/21 - Guide says I will get the car within two weeks or less (before 4/4)
7/28 - Gets the ready to leave factory email
7/29 - SC messages to confirm this and tells me late August/early Sept
8/1 - Guide says the R1S will reach WA by end of the week (8/5)
8/9 - SC messages to say the R1S has arrived and delivery scheduled for 8/15

So after it leaves Normal, it takes about two weeks to get to West Coast, and then everything is dependent on how backed up the SC is based on my experience.
Sponsored

powerplyer

First Name
powerplyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8, Audi Q5, Tesla M3 (totaled), Honda DCT.
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you so much, so in the middle somewhere šŸ˜Š.

BTW congrats.

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology
Pingged my SC and Guide today. Got two different answers.
- My guide says "Your R1S is set to arrive SC next week"
- The SC center says 2-3 weeks out.

- "Ready to leave factory" notice 7/28

Who should I believe SC or Guide? Does anyone have the same kind of mixed responses?
I would be happy to get any response, my R1S left Normal 16 days ago and still have not gotten any update, I texted my "Guide Group" and 24 hours later still no response.

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology
I would be happy to get any response, my R1S left Normal 16 days ago and still have not gotten any update, I texted my "Guide Group" and 24 hours later still no response.
Ok So I am assuming that Rivian is following these forums, because after posting this I got a text both from my guide and the service center.

fr4c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y, Model 3
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Ok So I am assuming that Rivian is following these forums, because after posting this I got a text both from my guide and the service center.
Congrats! Look on the bright side at least you knew when your vehicle left the factory. I just have to take my guideā€™s word that mine is leaving this week.

Sponsored

skiborsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TRX, Model X, Bronco

So after it leaves Normal, it takes about two weeks to get to West Coast, and then everything is dependent on how backed up the SC is based on my experience.
Seems to be some luck involved too. As of last Thursday mine was supposed to arrive this week (after 3 weeks) and now theyā€™re saying next week (which would be 4).

Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I had to let go of my first R1S as I was not in town for a few weeks to pick it up. Selected one more in the shop on first week of July and have not heard any positive news since then. Looking at end of August as per my guide, in Bay Area. Thatā€™s like 7~8 weeks from the day that I picked it up from shop.

skiborsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TRX, Model X, Bronco
Seems to be some luck involved too. As of last Thursday mine was supposed to arrive this week (after 3 weeks) and now theyā€™re saying next week (which would be 4).
And today offered delivery dates of 8/29 or later, so they tacked on another week with no reason. Not confidence-inspiring to push out two weeks in two days.

ts546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Touareg TDI, 2016 F150, 2014 Volvo XC60

Seems to be a lot of luck involved. I have the same timeline and ship date to the same service center. They are still telling me 8/29 and have not reached out to schedule an appointment.

Sponsored

dholt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
And today offered delivery dates of 8/29 or later, so they tacked on another week with no reason. Not confidence-inspiring to push out two weeks in two days.
Exact same for me today, offered 8/30 which is near-as-makes-no-difference 8 weeks from VIN assignment to pick-up, much longer than they originally said.

I noticed the website now lists for the R1T "Typically delivers in 16 weeks or less", perhaps they are prioritizing R1S production/deliveries.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
16 weeks of less?!! WTH? Iā€™m a pre-March ā€˜22 reservation holder for an R1T. Could have had my truck back in March. However, for a number of reasons, I have had my order on ā€pauseā€, hoping to take delivery in early September ā€˜23. My guide has worked with me, since last fall, to facilitate my timeline.

-On 7/24/23, with the help of my outstanding guide, I finally confirmed my configuration and moved forward with my order.
- On 7/25 (no, thatā€™s not a misprint), Rivain sent me an email with a VIN# and indicated my truck was about ready for pick up. WTF! Called my guide who confirmed the existence of said truck matching my specs, at my SC in Sacramento. I was NOT ready.
- On 7/26, I cancelled the Sac truck and reordered a new one.
- On 7/28, I received a new VIN# for a truck that was in Normal. Some time after that, the truck left Normal.
- On 7/31, a Rivian wall charger showed up on my door step.

I never received any email from Rivian stating that the truck had actually shipped, nor an email regarding the wall charger.

Yesterday, I did confirm, with my guide, that the truck IS on the train, with a projected delivery date, to me, of 9/2. This would be perfect, for me. Weā€™ll see what actually happens. So far all is good and going exactly as I had hoped.

skiborsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TRX, Model X, Bronco
Exact same for me today, offered 8/30 which is near-as-makes-no-difference 8 weeks from VIN assignment to pick-up, much longer than they originally said.

I noticed the website now lists for the R1T "Typically delivers in 16 weeks or less", perhaps they are prioritizing R1S production/deliveries.
In my case it was apparently a schedule issue. Now scheduled to pick up next Friday instead of the following Tuesday at the earliest.

VTR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Picked up mine on Aug 19. So 23 days to shipping/delivery from Normal to NYC.

fr4c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y, Model 3
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Picked up mine on Aug 19. So 23 days to shipping/delivery from Normal to NYC.
Congrats on the R1S. I selected a shop vehicle on 7/26 same day as you and still do not have delivery date yet (was told vehicle in transit from factory). We are both Brooklyn, SC so maybe they are prioritizing "S" right now (I have a T).
Sponsored