Sponsored

Service Center Raleigh, NC 2025

yungish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hello all,

I was in the service center today in Richmond, the service advisor told me that Service Center in Raleigh is confirmed for 2025, he didn't confirm the month or date, so I jokingly asked so December 31st 2025? And he chuckled and said should be sooner than that.

Anyway, take it with a grain of salt :)
Sponsored

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Told me same thing. Also said that most of their service work is on NC vehicles.

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Clubs

I thought there were laws against service centers run by manufacturers in this state? Did I miss a law being changed? Or do we speculate they found a loop hole some how?

OP
OP
yungish

yungish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
They must of have some kind of agreement, because I asked if it was a rumor or if it was firm, and he basically said it's guaranteed. Of course things can change from here and later.

But last I heard was, what is not allowed is to sell vehicles, so they might be only opening service center that doesn't sell any vehicles. (not based on any factual information)

Obviously Tesla was able to overcome this some way also since they have two service centers now here between Raleigh and Cary.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
They must of have some kind of agreement, because I asked if it was a rumor or if it was firm, and he basically said it's guaranteed. Of course things can change from here and later.

But last I heard was, what is not allowed is to sell vehicles, so they might be only opening service center that doesn't sell any vehicles. (not based on any factual information)

Obviously Tesla was able to overcome this some way also since they have two service centers now here between Raleigh and Cary.
I would be very surprised because NC customers have been some of the last to get their vehicles due to NC laws. In addition many of the planned SCs on Rivian’s map (New York and New Jersey for example) are still waiting after 18 months so I would be amazed if you get an NC center until at least 2026 (if the law allows).

Sponsored

OP
OP
yungish

yungish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Well I can tell you I would be VERY EXCITED not to have to drive 2.5 hours to the closest SC :) I will be hopeful for now.. This was all coming from the horse's mouth.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Tesla overcame it because they were grandfathered in by the NC statute.

Edit to add citation: NC General Code § 20‐305.2. Unfair methods of competition; protection of car‐buying public.

Last edited:

Kp28697

First Name
Kishan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I just picked up my R1T from Richmond on Easter Sunday and drove it back down to Raleigh. When I picked it up the agent told me to take note of any issues in the car and open a service ticket to get it addressed. After doing that they said that I would need to bring it back to Richmond to have my hood panel, gear tunnel re-wrap, and frunk bin adjustment addressed. I told them that when I get a notification for power cover I will set up a service appointment to get all these things addressed when I get the power cover installed. I also leased the vehicle and apparently the miles for me to drive to the service center all counts towards my mileage on my lease which sucks. So a Raleigh service center would be amazing!
Sponsored