Service 12V System Immediately error message

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Just got this error this evening on my way home from picking up my kid from sports. I had turned on the seat heater, then the steering wheel heater, as we were underway. About 5-10 seconds later, I get a big warning to service the 12V system immediately. With a follow-up that AWD is permanently engaged, and another that vehicle performance is reduced.

Other than being unable to utilize all acceleration or deceleration via the accelerator, and a max speed of 61mph, I was able to get home OK. I did a vehicle reboot and the message is gone now, thankfully.

I called service and they've logged a ticket and will review the vehicle logs. but I don't know what's will happen next if anything. Anybody else see this message? I've done some searching on it and haven't seen anything.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sounds like a new message, haven't heard of it before.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
There was a run on bad 12V inverters for a while. My truck had it replaced.

OP
OP

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
There was a run on bad 12V inverters for a while. My truck had it replaced.
Did you experience any messages or notable problems that lead to them replacing that?

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Mach E GT
Clubs

Yes, our new R1T had the same 3 messages which Iā€™ll attach for others to see. We returned back to the house since we hadnā€™t gotten far, let the car sleep for over 30min. When we had come back the messages were gone. Support line did not want to do another hard reboot since we had done one earlier in the day for Driver+ unavailable warning.

Rivian R1T R1S Service 12V System Immediately error message 0AD3955D-63C3-417D-8564-75281C71209E

Rivian R1T R1S Service 12V System Immediately error message D1E4CBE3-656D-4BB5-AAF8-BAB22B343769

Sponsored

OP
OP

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
When did that pop up for you? And have you driven it much since?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Did you experience any messages or notable problems that lead to them replacing that?
Personally no, because it happened when my vehicle was already at the service center for a repair so they just added that to the list. Service did tell me that the error codes it threw are usually fixed with a reset, and on rare occasions the part itself is actually bad. So yours could have just needed a reset. My codes didn't go away when service did one.

OP
OP

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Weā€™ve driven without errors for 3 days after that.
Good to know it's not coming right back! I've got to head out to play hockey this evening and the last thing I want is another major system fault at midnight when it's like 28 degrees outside and I'm 15 miles from home :)

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Just got this error this evening on my way home from picking up my kid from sports. I had turned on the seat heater, then the steering wheel heater, as we were underway. About 5-10 seconds later, I get a big warning to service the 12V system immediately. With a follow-up that AWD is permanently engaged, and another that vehicle performance is reduced.

Other than being unable to utilize all acceleration or deceleration via the accelerator, and a max speed of 61mph, I was able to get home OK. I did a vehicle reboot and the message is gone now, thankfully.

I called service and they've logged a ticket and will review the vehicle logs. but I don't know what's will happen next if anything. Anybody else see this message? I've done some searching on it and haven't seen anything.
This happened to me today too. About two minutes after leaving my house for meeting.
Put in a service ticket, then called service. They said to reset it. Hold left steering wheel button left and hazards until reboot.

It went away. I drove about 25 miles since and no errors.

This has me concerned for our first family road trip for Thanksgiving. 61 mph on the highway doesnā€™t sound safe.

Rivian R1T R1S Service 12V System Immediately error message 681D5352-1A9A-43B4-B4FA-B5C5C30C58E5
Rivian R1T R1S Service 12V System Immediately error message 1559DB8B-7B07-46AD-B0F3-D020AD9B2281

GeezFullSleeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Clubs

This has happened to me twice. Once during the first week of November. They had me go through restart process, it went away. Occured again last week, same restart advise from service advisor. Since it was the 2nd time, they opted to schedule me to bring it in for service. Have an appt 12/22.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired

Had this warning/speed limit issue around 1st week of April. Related to the wiring harness being rubbed by the windshield wiper mechanism. They fixed it right away...not a problem since. Think there is a thread about that issue here somewhere. They fixed a number of trucks with the same problem.

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Same thing just happened to me on my way home from work. Also had the steering wheel and seat heaters on. Have a service request in. If they donā€™t call me by morning I will try to reset. Certainly not inspiring confidence since Iā€™ve only owned the R1T for a few weeks.