Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
When did you get a VIN and 8 steps?
Confirmed/8 steps/VIN-7/19

not exactly sure what day the truck arrived in the Seattle area but another user also with a 8xxx vin said they got here last week.I think my truck was among them. My rivian delivery person was super helpful and said he had 3 other deliveries that day so they are definitely working hard trying to get trucks to owners.
Sponsored

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW i3, Volvo V90 CC
Occupation
Engineer
Guide told me mine was in Utah on last Monday (8/8). VIN#...94XX. 7/25 Confirm/8 steps

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

My Guide insists he has zero visibility into where it is. Just that it got on the train on Friday 8/5. Claims he won't know any more until it actually shows up in Portland.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
My Guide insists he has zero visibility into where it is. Just that it got on the train on Friday 8/5. Claims he won't know any more until it actually shows up in Portland.
I am not the expert on train shipping but after asking a few people it seems it takes about 3 weeks for the train to get to the west coast. My guide didn’t have the ability to track the train but seems the 4-6 weeks is a conservative estimate just in case something happens.

RFC1918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Porsche Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Those of us who received our 8-Steps in the first couple weeks of July and were told your truck is in route via rail, how many are still waiting for delivery?

Its been 5 weeks now and I am still waiting. I have see others who shipped around mine in AZ receive delivery confirmation as early as last week.

8-Steps - July 9th
Shipped via rail - July 13th

Sponsored

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Not sure how many more Seattle area folks are following this thread but the Bellevue service center is burst at the seams with R1Ts. I was at the service center and they were bringing in another load of new trucks in addition the overflowing lot.

Jayhox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS
Single point of reference, but was just informed by my guide that mine has arrived at the West Sac SC. I can't say definitively when it actually went on the train, but based on best estimates I would say it was roughly 3.5 weeks from Normal to Sac.

skookumracing

Site Sponsor
First Name
Skooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW i3, Volvo V90 CC
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure how many more Seattle area folks are following this thread but the Bellevue service center is burst at the seams with R1Ts. I was at the service center and they were bringing in another load of new trucks in addition the overflowing lot.
I stopped in yesterday as I was in the neighborhood and my guide couldn't give me any more info than it was "in transit". A week ago he tracked in Utah. Gave SC last for of my vin and they told me my truck had been delivered to them and I should expect msg to schedule delivery very soon... well 5:30pm today I received email to schedule delivery.. woo hoo. Monday is the day for me

SC told me they had received over 50 trucks in the last few days and were a bit swamped..

SkyFall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Medical Device
I stopped in yesterday as I was in the neighborhood and my guide couldn't give me any more info than it was "in transit". A week ago he tracked in Utah. Gave SC last for of my vin and they told me my truck had been delivered to them and I should expect msg to schedule delivery very soon... well 5:30pm today I received email to schedule delivery.. woo hoo. Monday is the day for me

SC told me they had received over 50 trucks in the last few days and were a bit swamped..
We are picking up our R1T Thursday, 8/18 near the Bellevue service center. Due to WA State laws, we are not allowed to take deliveries at the service center per Rivian. Our R1T traveled via BNSF Auto Train from Normal, Portland to Kent, WA. It arrived at the service center on Monday, 8/15. The only bad news is our guide informed us the powered tonneau is not working properly and will be replaced in 6-8 weeks. We opted to have them lock it closed for now. VIN 94---

Sierra7117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, 996
Occupation
Program Manager
We are picking up our R1T Thursday, 8/18 near the Bellevue service center. Due to WA State laws, we are not allowed to take deliveries at the service center per Rivian. Our R1T traveled via BNSF Auto Train from Normal, Portland to Kent, WA. It arrived at the service center on Monday, 8/15. The only bad news is our guide informed us the powered tonneau is not working properly and will be replaced in 6-8 weeks. We opted to have them lock it closed for now. VIN 94---
Sorry to hear about the doa tonneau cover! Was hoping they'd have it rectified off the line by now. Do you know if we're able to hand over checks to the SC folks to complete the transaction in WA state?

Sponsored

SkyFall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Medical Device
Do you know if we're able to hand over checks to the SC folks to complete the transaction in WA state?
Per our guide, we had to send check to Rivian Irvine, CA on Tuesday, 8/16 once the R1T arrived at the service center. We waited on completing the insurance until the R1T completed PDI and confirmed delivery date.

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
any updates from those West Coast people waiting on the train(s) that went out at the beginning of August? Not a peep for since Aug 3 when guide said it was already on a train somewhere. VIN 98XX, 7/8 steps done.

I have to decide if I'm going to renew registration on my other car...

nieder

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2020 Toyota Tundra
any updates from those West Coast people waiting on the train(s) that went out at the beginning of August? Not a peep for since Aug 3 when guide said it was already on a train somewhere. VIN 98XX, 7/8 steps done.

My truck was first reported to have departed the factory in Normal on 7/11. I got the call that it was ready for delivery from the SC on 8/10.

highwayoneman

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RIT

My truck was on an early Aug train to socal and i have delivery scheduled for this week. Just heard from them yesterday. Hope you hear from them!

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
How do you hear from them? Email? Pop up on 8 steps? Phone call from guide? Service center? Illinois? SoCal? May be doing less screening to VM of random calls next few weeks 😆
Sponsored