First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
i brought this up with my guide during our call this morning. He said that Rivian is _definitely_ affected but that not all deliveries are affected. For example, Colorado is still transport by truck rather than rail. So, I don't think we're going to see universal impact to all deliveries from this.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
And how does the following play into the grand scheme of things for Rivian..

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/video/looming-railway-strike-cripple-us-supply-chain-89804993

You think Delivery times are long now... Hold the beer.
For deliveries would be nice to have a factory delivery option.

This concerns me way more on the manufacturing side because if they cannot get parts delivered they canā€™t build vehicles.

Hopefully the government will step in here, they already had a cooling off period ordered by Biden, any further steps will need to come from congress. This would be devastating to the attempts to get inflation under control if they allow this strike to cripple the supply chains.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
You're absolutely right and I didn't even think of that @SANZC02

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Another bummer of a guide update this morning. Truck still is not showing as being at the SC. He says the location shows to be Yermo CA (just outside Barstow) with a battery % of 61. Hmm. Letā€™s get moving!
man who is your guide, my truck was supposed to have shipped 2 weeks before you but my guy continues to tell me all he can see is "in-transit"

Sponsored

VenturaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse
man who is your guide, my truck was supposed to have shipped 2 weeks before you but my guy continues to tell me all he can see is "in-transit"
Erik is my dude. Heā€™s been pretty helpful. As much as he can be i guess.

tmmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner; Mustang GT; M3; Grand Cherokee, R1T
I have the same issue. I am curious how people receive these updates because all my guide tells me is that he can't see the status. I am waiting to schedule delivery at the Sacramento Service Center.

Elvis0502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Guys, is anyone located in the Houston area? How long did you wait for your R1T transport by railway? I have been stuck at 8 steps for 12 days. My guide told me that the truck is still waiting for a train, I don't know what happen. Embarrassingly, my wall charger is arriving today :CWL:.

Denver_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Range Rover Velar, 2017 Colorado ZR2
Occupation
SaaS Sales
Same - when asked the rough ETA to the SC and if the truck was on a train, all I got was "we use a few different methods for transporting Rivians from the plant. its currently on its way to the Denver service center".

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Rivian can't catch a break. they transition to railway and boom, strike. bad planning or just bad luck?

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Honorz

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY, 2018 Q7 , 2015 Q5 TDI,
I have the same issue. I am curious how people receive these updates because all my guide tells me is that he can't see the status. I am waiting to schedule delivery at the Sacramento Service Center.
Same same. "All I can see is it is in-transit"
Or do you think this one guide is just picking random stops along the way to make it feel like there is movement? šŸ˜‚
That would be a genius move.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Rail workers are on strike?
not officially but its looming and some impact already being felt. Amtrak just cancelled a bunch of its long distance lines as it gets ready for the strike to happen.

and even if it doesn't impact Rivians transport of deliveries, it could impact their supply chain, slowing down production.

im actually surprised their stock didnt take a hit today. and im also guessing its connected to why so many vehicles showed up in the R1 Shop across multiple regions today.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

not officially but its looming and some impact already being felt. Amtrak just cancelled a bunch of its long distance lines as it gets ready for the strike to happen.

and even if it doesn't impact Rivians transport of deliveries, it could impact their supply chain, slowing down production.

im actually surprised their stock didnt take a hit today. and im also guessing its connected to why so many vehicles showed up in the R1 Shop across multiple regions today.
Nothing but good news

Elvis0502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

It's really frustrating, especially in the final stage. I have been stuck at step 7 for 13 days. Still waiting for a train.
Sponsored

Last edited: