Sponsored

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Wait, 200 per week, breathtaking. It's important to note Rivian would love to be at 2,000 or even 20,000 per week. They are not holding back because they don't want to be successful and have trucks and SUV's on the road generating free advertising and excitement. They may have lower priority from suppliers due to their status as a newcomer and lower volume production. Catch 22.
I'm grateful that Covid and all the related turmoil hasn't quashed their progress entirely. I would dearly love to be writing this from the front seat of my R1T in the garage because I'm still a boy at heart but that has been postponed but not cancelled (see Bollinger, Workhorse, Nikola...). There is no better alternative. Silverado, can ya give me a Bolt of lightning here? Hummer, not quite vaporware and a little spendy. Lightning, give an extra $10,000 to hold your place in line and maybe when it arrives there will only be a dealer markup or two. Just be grateful I let you buy it from me, peon. So I wait, these times have taught me how to do that with aplomb.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Here is the number of Model 3s produced per quarter from wiki. If you look at the full first quarter, 2017 Q4, about 40 vehicles were produced each week. The next quarter about 163 vehicles per week. In the third full quarter, 476 vehicles were produced per week. This chart obviously doesnā€™t reflect what Rivian will be able to produce, but it gives an idea of what the ramp will be like. Rivian will not be making 200 vehicles per week for long.
And that is from a company that had been producing Model S sedans for several years, so they were not, as a company, totally inexperienced at it. My guess is that even with experienced hires, this ramp-up will be optimistic.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I'm somewhat in agreement with you. I'd rather wait and have it done right than get it a little earlier and have issues, even smaller, nagging issues, that could have been resolved had I been willing to wait a little.

Also curious as to your order date. I'm a 12/3/18, have an R1S LE order scheduled for May-June in Atlanta. Curious to see how location or order date or what accounts for the 2 month time difference.
Day 1 order - sometime in November 2018 (forget the exact day). It was when they unveiled at the LA Auto show. We've waited 3 years - 2 months is nothing :)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Time to apply the Infinite Monkey Theorem ... with enough effort, they will get there!

(?x āˆž) +āŒØ= ?.

mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1.jpeg

Here's the reference for more background on the process.
Tim,

I remember learning about this philosophy as a kid, but honestly, had never before heard it qualified as the "Infinite Monkey Theorem". I truly enjoyed the read in Wikipedia. My count may be off (my OCD is slipping lately), but I think the writer took about 301 words to write that wonderful synopsis. If it's true that "a picture is worth a thousand words", the author has an extra 699 to use elsewhere.

That pic is classic and, along with the IMT, reminds me of myself in typing class back in high school. I think Mrs. O'Conner may have mentioned that, with my typing skills and a very, very long life, I would eventually get the lesson right. I'm not sure, but I don't think she appreciated me thanking her for the compliment. That this photo is in black and white is not incorrect, although my hair was longer.

Thanks again!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to ramp up production to 200 a week (per Bloomberg) Chimpanzee_seated_at_typewriter

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŒ²šŸŒ²R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Tim,

I remember learning about this philosophy as a kid, but honestly, had never before heard it qualified as the "Infinite Monkey Theorem". I truly enjoyed the read in Wikipedia. My count may be off (my OCD is slipping lately), but I think the writer took about 301 words to write that wonderful synopsis. If it's true that "a picture is worth a thousand words", the author has an extra 699 to use elsewhere.

That pic is classic and, along with the IMT, reminds me of myself in typing class back in high school. I think Mrs. O'Conner may have mentioned that, with my typing skills and a very, very long life, I would eventually get the lesson right. I'm not sure, but I don't think she appreciated me thanking her for the compliment. That this photo is in black and white is not incorrect, although my hair was longer.

Thanks again!

Chimpanzee_seated_at_typewriter.jpg
Glad I brought back happier and hairier memories. ? My knuckles are still raw from being whacked with a ruler by not getting the ā€œhome rowā€ correct while blindfolded. My Nuns were not as kind as your Mrs Oā€™Conner.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to ramp up production to 200 a week (per Bloomberg) B2ED39B7-150F-4B13-ABEB-566DAF75C962

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Glad I brought back happier and hairier memories. ? My knuckles are still raw from being whacked with a ruler by not getting the ā€œhome rowā€ correct while blindfolded. My Nuns were not as kind as your Mrs Oā€™Conner.

Speaking of happy memories, this is one of my favorite scenes from The Blues Brothers.

B2ED39B7-150F-4B13-ABEB-566DAF75C962.gif

OP
OP
Redline

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

With the bullish option flows in Rivian right now Iā€™d assume they will have some positive updates on production soon.

rivianfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Hear they are doing 50 every two days - one day to set up and start, the next day to finish. Rinse and repeat.
Same logistics, part shortage issues plaguing the rest of manufacturing.
FWIW
Inside source?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Hear they are doing 50 every two days - one day to set up and start, the next day to finish. Rinse and repeat.
FWIW
I thought I had heard they are working Mon-Sat. If true, 50 units every two days, then there would be 250 150 (EDITED) per week. That should be something Rivian could talk about. Much better information than "Eath Tones" and "At Home on the Range".

Last edited:

Sponsored

Laurent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
I thought I had heard they are working Mon-Sat. If true, 50 units every two days, then there would be 250 per week.
Hmmmā€¦ Did you mean 150?

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Hmmmā€¦ Did you mean 150?
LOL, yes

My math is poor after a few drinks. I think I need to delete my comment. But, if they are at 150 per week now, that is still news and could be reported.

simmoac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra, 2021 BMW X3
Occupation
Accountant
Inside source?
Maybe, but Iā€™m sure others do as well. Love about 20 minutes outside of BloNo and have many neighbors and friends that work there, or are contractors there or know a guy ā€¦ ??
This particular guy seemed quite knowledgeable so thought Iā€™d share. He arranged for me to see a R1S a while back.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Maybe, but Iā€™m sure others do as well. Love about 20 minutes outside of BloNo and have many neighbors and friends that work there, or are contractors there or know a guy ā€¦ ??
This particular guy seemed quite knowledgeable so thought Iā€™d share. He arranged for me to see a R1S a while back.
As you have seen an R1S any insight on third row access and room?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
FWIW
Sounds consistent with some other sources in terms of numbers. I think they'll hit just over 200/week by the earnings call to validate their leaked goal.
Sponsored