Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
200/wk * 52wk/year ≠ 8500/year
I see you are proud of your math skills but not big on reading the source material. Rivian has a "goal" of 200 a week. They haven't come close to hitting it yet.

And how many trucks did they produce and deliver so far in January?
Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
I see you are proud of your math skills but not big on reading the source material. Rivian has a "goal" of 200 a week. They haven't come close to hitting it yet.
The last week of October 2021 they made 104 (based on SEC filings). 200 is not a stretch. The article points to "people familiar with the issue" which is journalism speak for anyone that would throw out a number to us. The article is just trying to drive clicks and isn't bringing any new information.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
I think the supply chain issue and shipping backlog have hit them hard. A company I work with is actually shipping some manufacturing equipment to their Normal facility from overseas. They shipped them out in October. What was usually a 3-week journey is now 3 months +. Some of them just got delivered a week ago.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I think the supply chain issue and shipping backlog have hit them hard. A company I work with is actually shipping some manufacturing equipment to their Normal facility from overseas. They shipped them out in October. What was usually a 3-week journey is now 3 months +. Some of them just got delivered a week ago.
These are the issues that Rivian can't simply outpace. Some people are interpreting the reality of low volume production estimates this year as if it's a criticism of Rivian's plans or execution strategy when it's simply about factors largely outside of their control as a result of supply chain issues.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Unfortunately, that's very consistent with what the shipping industry has been telling us for months. What used to be 3 weeks and $3,000 is now 3 months and $25,000. Just look at Maersk Stock .price....
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian to ramp up production to 200 a week (per Bloomberg) 1643306679261

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
3 per truck.
Wait GM has increased production 6X from last month?!?! Come on Rivian, get with it! (sarcasm)

All this is just speculation until Rivian releases the next quarterly report (or graces us with an early report like they did at the end of the year). We will all know s00ner than later. Rivian is certainly asking their suppliers to produce for much more than 200/week....

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I'm an LE R1S Mar-April'22. While I do want my vehicle badly, I MOSTLY want a quality vehicle. All those horror stories about Tesla quality have me nervous. While I believe RJ and the team assembled think very differently about production and quality (not an afterthought) I would much rather have a vehicle that's very high quality later, than a less than perfect vehicle sooner.

Willing to wait. It will be time, when it's time.
I'm somewhat in agreement with you. I'd rather wait and have it done right than get it a little earlier and have issues, even smaller, nagging issues, that could have been resolved had I been willing to wait a little.

Also curious as to your order date. I'm a 12/3/18, have an R1S LE order scheduled for May-June in Atlanta. Curious to see how location or order date or what accounts for the 2 month time difference.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I'm somewhat in agreement with you. I'd rather wait and have it done right than get it a little earlier and have issues, even smaller, nagging issues, that could have been resolved had I been willing to wait a little.

Also curious as to your order date. I'm a 12/3/18, have an R1S LE order scheduled for May-June in Atlanta. Curious to see how location or order date or what accounts for the 2 month time difference.
https://rivian.craiginsdev.com/

All the stats from the LE holder survey we did.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs