Sponsored

Rivian Shop Purchase Process

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I also just pulled the trigger - late last night. Don’t have pre-hike pricing just a matter of cost; found a DM Standard+ with Forest interior that felt like the right balance between what I wanted and willingness to pay.

so, I have the VIN and a guide’s contact. I’ve waited so far to see if they reach out first but I have to finish my “steps” starting at registration info. Just been a busy day.
Congrats!!!
Sponsored

mclark2112

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Finance
is/was there a point in time when you can decide between a lease or finance or is that not possible after you checkout?
I want to lease, nothing about the checkout process asked how I was going to pay. I assume that is still coming, my pickup is scheduled for Friday morning in Mahwah.

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

is/was there a point in time when you can decide between a lease or finance or is that not possible after you checkout?
I wasn't going to lease so I never looked.

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
Friday morning in Mahwah
Nice to meet a fellow New Jerseyan. Mine also showed that as an option vs delivery for extra 1 grand.

good luck and let me know how it goes!

OP
OP

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Update:

Ordered Friday

Text Guide Monday, no response

Text Guide Tuesday (today), no response

Late tonight I received a "It's time to begin the purchase process" email. I had the following steps to complete after clicking the link: title/registraiton, trade-in, financing, insurance, delivery. Finally found a VIN in the insurance section!

I hope this is helpful to others in the future. Still no word from my "Guide", but the process seems to be moving along!

Sponsored

wolfsbane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Yukon Denali, Canyon SLT
Seems that some shop orders are delivered in a week or less. Guy on my demo drive told me most people were getting them in about a week.
The site might be telling everyone once they confirm a shop order that their vehicle is going through final QA. …but mine will be about five weeks when I finally go pick it up.

I completed all purchase steps, including full payment, immediately- within 2 days from initial deposit- because the one and only guide email said the vehicle was on its final journey to me but I had to complete the payment at least three business days before delivery and the site makes it seem like delivery scheduling won’t open up until you complete all the steps.

Then, I find out it will be just over a month from then and they didn’t say where it was or where it’s coming from, so I don’t know why it’s taking so long. I see other people on this forum ordering after me and getting it at the same SC before me already.

…it seems that I have an earlier 2023 vin as well…

ssbmx90

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sti, Tesla
Occupation
Secret
Update:

Ordered Friday

Text Guide Monday, no response

Text Guide Tuesday (today), no response

Late tonight I received a "It's time to begin the purchase process" email. I had the following steps to complete after clicking the link: title/registraiton, trade-in, financing, insurance, delivery. Finally found a VIN in the insurance section!

I hope this is helpful to others in the future. Still no word from my "Guide", but the process seems to be moving along!
I think when you get this email the guide should respond soon. If I remember right.

xxxadixxx

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y & R1S (on the way)
Occupation
Sales
I want to lease, nothing about the checkout process asked how I was going to pay. I assume that is still coming, my pickup is scheduled for Friday morning in Mahwah.
After I got the email that it was time to complete purchase steps, there were a few items (driver's license, insurance, etc.) which then unlocked the "payment" action. This gave the option to either pay via finance or lease. The lease application had almost no details on the structure, but it took less than 2 minutes to complete and be approved.

xxxadixxx

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y & R1S (on the way)
Occupation
Sales
My experience:

March 20 - Place reservation (R1S)
March 22 - Call from Rivian asking about my preferences and to see if something in inventory could work. We found something very close (different exterior color) which was "almost done in manufacturing" and which could be ready in 4-6 weeks
March 26 - Email from Rivian indicating the vehicle is ready and the purchase process is open. Texts came to schedule pickup or home delivery. NOTE: I am in Charlotte, NC outside of the 200 mile radius from Atlanta, GA SC. I completed all of the purchase steps, including the lease application and sending downpayment (via plaid). The VIN is now shown in my account summary.
April 11 (scheduled) - At home delivery. NOTE: Rivian's original delivery date was April 5 at the Atlanta, SC, but I was not available to travel and preferred at home delivery which caused the delay.

All of that is to say the shop experience can be very quick at this point as they are simply trying to move almost completed inventory.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Congrats!

Did you know that Rivian is shutting down their assembly plant for retooling next month? The R1’s will receive many improvements including a totally revamped electrical architecture.

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
On this forum, pre-order people may be giving you shop purchase advice and vice versa. The experience is a little different for people with existing pre-orders because guides and salespeople are working hard to get these people into available inventory — this instantly creates more communication, follow-through.

Going solely via shop, you're current experience tracks...

The pickup / delivery date being set before you’ve completed any task should tell you all you need to know.

You are a number to Rivian, nothing special. Maybe you’ll hear from your guide, maybe you wont. If you do, there’s a fair chance they’ll provide you with a consistent flow of incorrect information.

No one is your friend at Rivian. Everything from this point forward is aimed at you completing the tasks and picking up your vehicle with as little help from Rivian as possible.

The “guide” is only there to help squeeze you through that process.

If you want that, and your guide remains AWOL (this is common), call customer service, they’ll be wrong about most things too. But if you’re persistent they’ll get you in touch with someone else to provide you with wrong information.

Oh, and they’d love for you to hit that delivery date. The contract part you sign to be able to access purchasing / financing will give them the ability to never meet that date should they choose, but you’ll only have a week window before they can pressure you with selling your car to someone else.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Riv E In

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Congrats!

Did you know that Rivian is shutting down their assembly plant for retooling next month? The R1’s will receive many improvements including a totally revamped electrical architecture.
I hadn’t seen anything confirming this. Sounded more like efficiencies gained in the manufacturing process than some huge upgrades. Could also go the other way - cutting costs, using cheaper materials, etc.

The intent of your post is unclear, but I’m aware of the shutdown.