Sponsored

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
I can’t speak to the Mach E seats, but the Lightning seats are noticeably more comfortable then the R1T seats.

I’ve had a few people comment about the difference after about 30 minutes ride time in the R1T. This was after riding in the Lightning.

I appreciate the ventilated seat feature in the R1. Could use a little more flow though
Sponsored

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
I’m sorry but the guy who owns a Giulia is making stereotypical quality statements about the seat manufacturer? We’ll see.
The Giulia seats are some of the best quality you can get at any price. I've got 40K miles on mine and the saddle brown leather still looks and smells new and the foam has not broken down at all. It also has an adjustable thigh bolster that's a godsend for tall people and that the Rivian lacks. Obviously take that with a grain of salt given my first person experience doesn't compare to your dead-eyed regurgitation of internet stereotypes.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I can’t speak to the Mach E seats, but the Lightning seats are noticeably more comfortable then the R1T seats.

I’ve had a few people comment about the difference after about 30 minutes ride time in the R1T. This was after riding in the Lightning.

I appreciate the ventilated seat feature in the R1. Could use a little more flow though
Can you elaborate?

Are the seats more comfortable because of the cushioning? Softer? Or better support? Etc.

I know I’ve had this debate with friends before. Some like a wide cushy seat. I like a narrow snuggling seat. And headrests seem to be a huge debate for comfort. Lumbar can be seen as great support or an uncomfortable piece at the back.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The Giulia seats are some of the best quality you can get at any price. I've got 40K miles on mine and the saddle brown leather still looks and smells new and the foam has not broken down at all. It also has an adjustable thigh bolster that's a godsend for tall people and that the Rivian lacks. Obviously take that with a grain of salt given my first person experience doesn't compare to your dead-eyed regurgitation of internet stereotypes.
It is not a stereotype that Alfa Romeos have very low rankings for reliability.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Again, firsthand experience vs armchair expert. The 2.0L Giulias have very reliable drivetrains. I drive the balls off mine and it's been far more reliable than the three VAG MQB cars we've owned. Our local enthusiast group of owners have not had a single drivetrain failure, with very only minor repairs like bad batteries and sunroof cables snapping. The QV has reliability that is in line with high performance peers like M3 and will 100% be a future classic. Alfa's biggest problem has been the poor dealer network screwing up basic repairs, which is something Rivian needs to obviously avoid.

I always wonder why people pile on Alfa when they're some of the best driving vehicles regular people can afford. Perhaps it's so they feel less bad about driving their Toyota / Lexus refrigerator?

Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Lol. You’re the one that started with stereotyping an entire manufacturer saying Rivian made a bad seat choice of Hyundai with no real basis. You’ve gotta appreciate the irony coming from an Alpha owner which has well known reliability issues one friend and one neighbor confirm what’s in this article. I have no memorable experience sitting in one so it can’t be that great but if you’re picking a car based your how nice your butt feels then I’m not sure why you’d get a truck at all aside from maybe a King Ranch.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a23145269/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-reliability-update/

Back to Rivian, I’m over 6’ and am quite content with the seats. Certainly nicer than a Tesla but not Range Rover plush either. Jury will be out on the fake leather for a few years but so far so good.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol. You’re the one that started with stereotyping an entire manufacturer saying Rivian made a bad seat choice of Hyundai with no real basis. You’ve gotta appreciate the irony coming from an Alpha owner which has well known reliability issues one friend and one neighbor confirm what’s in this article. I have no memorable experience sitting in one so it can’t be that great but if you’re picking a car based your how nice your butt feels then I’m not sure why you’d get a truck at all aside from maybe a King Ranch.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a23145269/alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-reliability-update/

Back to Rivian, I’m over 6’ and am quite content with the seats. Certainly nicer than a Tesla but not Range Rover plush either. Jury will be out on the fake leather for a few years but so far so good.
My basis was owning 2 Hyundai Kia vehicles. Again, first hand experience is a thing. This is a fun thread for me. Can do this all day.

• Haha
Reactions: Guy

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I find the seats in Rivian to both feel and look very premium, but have also road tripped 6 hours in one day, and can for me, 100% comfortable the entire time. At 5k miles, zero signs of wear, which is how it should be, but I have had cars in past where that wasn't case.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Hey hey hey I take offense to that! Probably not wrong but still take offense jk 🤣

My 2017 QV (Got in 2016) has 43k miles and still puts a smile on my face every time I drive (1200 miles are pure WOT track miles). Seats are amazing, also own a Ioniq EV (Not 5) and seats are quite comfy but nothing brilliant, doesn't cause backpain it any uncomfortableness on an 8 your road trip.

Driving the Rivian I will say it's a great position with a lot of comfort but the best seat I ever sat in was my Saab or my Sister's Polestar Volvo XC60.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Hey hey hey I take offense to that! Probably not wrong but still take offense jk 🤣

My 2017 QV (Got in 2016) has 43k miles and still puts a smile on my face every time I drive (1200 miles are pure WOT track miles). Seats are amazing, also own a Ioniq EV (Not 5) and seats are quite comfy but nothing brilliant, doesn't cause backpain it any uncomfortableness on an 8 your road trip.

Driving the Rivian I will say it's a great position with a lot of comfort but the best seat I ever sat in was my Saab or my Sister's Polestar Volvo XC60.
I think it’s funny we’re talking about reliability, and I’ve already had to take my Rivian and 3 times in less than a month lol. Reliability is a funny thing to evaluate in the age where a car is knocked in an Edmunds or Consumer Reports survey if it doesn’t have Apple CarPlay

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I think it’s funny we’re talking about reliability, and I’ve already had to take my Rivian and 3 times in less than a month lol. Reliability is a funny thing to evaluate in the age where a car is knocked in an Edmunds or Consumer Reports survey if it doesn’t have Apple CarPlay

That's what im saying! Y'all talking about reliability! I was born into unreliability speech... 😂

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
That's what im saying! Y'all talking about reliability! I was born into unreliability speech... 😂
Yeah I’ll tell you I had a VW GTI and I loved that car to bits. Although the fuel pump failed three times within the warranty period ahaha. I’m concerned only about the air suspension long-term with the Rivian not really anything else

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
Can you elaborate?

Are the seats more comfortable because of the cushioning? Softer? Or better support? Etc.

I know I’ve had this debate with friends before. Some like a wide cushy seat. I like a narrow snuggling seat. And headrests seem to be a huge debate for comfort. Lumbar can be seen as great support or an uncomfortable piece at the back.
FORD: Softer, superior cushioning, more adjustable, and dimensionally. But doesn’t hold you in place as firmly as the Rivian.. Ford’s experience gives them a edge

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
FORD: Softer, superior cushioning, more adjustable, and dimensionally. But doesn’t hold you in place as firmly as the Rivian.. Ford’s experience gives them a edge
I tend to agree with both; but I will say that as a big guy with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis and back pain, I find the ford seat more comfy while driving, but I think I feel better after getting out of Rivian. Just an anecdotal observation on my part.

jghuman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2022 Polestar 2, 2020 Mercedes G63
Occupation
Software
Drove ~800 miles from 5:30am to 9:15pm yesterday in our Rivian with stopping 3 times to charge.

I would say the seats are very comfortable.
Sponsored