LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Rivian customer service "Guides" by July 1st, 2021 ......

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian roll-out humor... sick1.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian roll-out humor... sick2.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian roll-out humor... sick3.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian roll-out humor... sick4.JPG

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Couldn't remember the name of this thread to save my life, so I re-posted parts of it it to the PNW site. This stream is a much better home for it, so I'm re-posting parts of it again. Sorry if you've already seen it, but mine is a boring life under this lockdown, so I have nothing better to do.

The following is part of a discussion I had last night with Capstone, a new Forumite/long-time Riviot from Prince Edward Island. He started a thread titled Forest Green, and it got me thinking about things against the backdrop of the all of the comments I've read (and have made myself) about the slow drip of information coming from the Mothership regarding many topics, paint colors and EVSE being but two of them.

Again, If RJ and others read this, I hope you know it's tongue-in-cheek. I think a future forensic look-back at the marketing campaign around this rollout will show it to be genius, even if we're all getting a little nutty right about now:

Regarding Launch Green, I'm guessing all of the consternation going on about it (and I'm as guilty as they come) must be highly entertaining to the folks at Rivian. I'm guessing they have daily betting pools on how many comments and questions they'll receive. Probably modeled after The Price is Right.

I can almost hear RJ on the intercom, just before they fire up the Engagement Center Phone Bank for the day: "OK people, remember, as always, absolutely no release of any real info today! Let's practice those phrases! Come on, all together now, 'We're just as excited as you are about these vehicles!', 'We'll be releasing more about that very, very soon' and my favorite, 'I'll have to circle back to you on that'. Remember, and this is critical, hit that mute button if you think you're going to burst into a fit of laughter!"

"As always, there's free pizza and a logo shirt to the Rep with the closest guess as to the number of complaints including the exact phrase 'Launch Green' by noon. But remember, you can't go over that number. Congrats to Martin. Yesterday, he nailed it exactly, with a guess of 1,420,917. Way to go Martin! No one else predicted a down day!"

I can't wait to finally see it, but I know I'm going to have to....

Enjoy!

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

funny.... I posted this two months ago and 90% remains pertinent still "weeks" before delivery

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian roll-out humor... Anime Guide.JPG

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
For the Harry Potter fans ...

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian roll-out humor... 1621532859178

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian roll-out humor... OIP

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

EricT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma 1999
Welcome to the club, you've been officially initiated into the Rivian preorder community.
I'm beginning to think "Cult" may be a more appropos term. The fanaticism seems pretty strong

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
I'm beginning to think "Cult" may be a more appropos term. The fanaticism seems pretty strong
Just make sure you dry clean the robes you were given.