Sponsored

Rivian R2 - Which one will it be??

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
They sold over 200,000 of them. They also have amazing resale values. Not sure if that constitutes as a failure.
FJ has excellent resale because they are good offroaders and well made. They did'nt sell well because they were a design failure. Jeep sells more than 200K wranglers per year, and that vehicle isn't nearly as well made as the FJ. The Bronco shows how to take Wrangler sales. Toyota doesn't know how to design a vehicle to have that kind of success in this market.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
My business partner got an FJ40 "donated" to him by Larry H. Miller, here Toyota here in Utah, for a deal we did with Walmart. I was not a fan. Zero comfort cabin space. Looking back on this post, Rivian should go with #1 or #3 concept.

mmiles2012

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'86 911 Coupe, '23 R1T LE
Occupation
I work for a Tire Company
Clubs

I expect R2S to look like a 5-seater version of R1S. Shrink the overall proportions accordingly and just make little brother.

R2R? That's gonna be a fun one. I want to see them make something like the Local Motors Rallyfighter from years back. Part trophy truck, part sports car.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

no idea what it will look like but i'll be shocked if its not a crossover/mid-size SUV. it'll be an adventure vehicle and have some off-road capability but nothing like the R1. probably something close to a Subaru Forester.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

no idea what it will look like but i'll be shocked if its not a crossover/mid-size SUV. it'll be an adventure vehicle and have some off-road capability but nothing like the R1. probably something close to a Subaru Forester.
I might be alone on this, but I'd reserve an electric Subaru Baja today. I have no reason to believe that's in the works, but a guy can dream, right?

I was actually really into the Alpha Motor Wolf+, but that company is not real.

Sponsored

Prokopowicz

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4. Jeep grand Cherokee
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fi4WPvuNkkYzgiSd9

Something like THIS! Jeep blew it with their new Wagoneers, which look like Lincolns. The geometry of the old Jeep XJ Cherokee is perfection. Off-road ability and cargo capacity, great visibility, and classic timeless style. Wood-grain optional.

Last edited:

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

This type of design will do good across the world.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R2 - Which one will it be?? 1695751201217

Sponsored

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Those SUVs that have a sloped rear (like the X6/M) is a very poor design. It is meant to look sporty, but at the expense of less room in the back, both headroom and trunk/hatch space.

The first photo looks much better and more useful.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

If I had to choose, the 1st one is the best of the three. I’d swap out those taillights for the current design though.
Sponsored