Sangeetha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Occupation
Tech Geek
Hello,

I have ordered Rivian R1S on Oct.26.2021 when can i roughly expect my car delivery so i will lease a another SUV for time being.

Thanks
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hello,

I have ordered Rivian R1S on Oct.26.2021 when can i roughly expect my car delivery so i will lease a another SUV for time being.

Thanks
You should find out before the new year.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I would do a 24 month lease and expect the R1S sometime during the second year of the lease.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Expect your Rivian on or around January 2025.

(kidding... maybe)

Nobody here knows. None of the people who ordered in 2018 have trucks yet so that should tell you all you need to know until someone from the company can give you information.

Sponsored

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
Expect your Rivian on or around January 2025.

(kidding... maybe)

Nobody here knows. None of the people who ordered in 2018 have trucks yet so that should tell you all you need to know until someone from the company can give you information.
I donā€™t think thatā€™s far off at all. Perhaps even tight. 2022 is all LE deliveries so really there are no non LE trucks until 2023. There are 50K orders ahead of this guy? There is no way in hell they build 50K trucks in 23/24. Just wonā€™t happen. I ordered Dec 2018 and canā€™t see me getting delivery until late 2023.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I donā€™t think thatā€™s far off at all. Perhaps even tight. 2022 is all LE deliveries so really there are no non LE trucks until 2023. There are 50K orders ahead of this guy? There is no way in hell they build 50K trucks in 23/24. Just wonā€™t happen. I ordered Dec 2018 and canā€™t see me getting delivery until late 2023.
I agree. With all the press coverage the last few weeks I bet they got a lot of pre-orders recently. I wonder what's going to happen when all these people realize they won't get their trucks for 3-4 years. Rivian can't string them along like initial pre-order holders once trucks are leaving the assembly line.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

50K to 60K preorders (which most likely will lose at least 1/4~1/3 to cancellations) produced over 3 years is nothing. Its only 17K~20K vehicles a year.

At this rate, you won't have to worry if Rivian will ever deliver your vehicle because they'll be gone, if that's the case. In other words, I think your letting your disappointment of speedy delivery cloud your perspective.

I fully expect Rivian to produce well over preorder numbers in the next couple of years. Just go look at what they are doing between 2nd factory, battery production, and so on....

Reactions: Guy

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
50K to 60K preorders (which most likely will lose at least 1/4~1/3 to cancellations) produced over 3 years is nothing. Its only 17K~20K vehicles a year.

At this rate, you won't have to worry if Rivian will ever deliver your vehicle because they'll be gone, if that's the case. In other words, I think your letting your disappointment of speedy delivery cloud your perspective.

I fully expect Rivian to produce well over preorder numbers in the next couple of years. Just go look at what they are doing between 2nd factory, battery production, and so on....
How many $100 Lightning reservations will be lost when people realize it will take Ford 3 years to get through 150k (production forecast of 15k, 55k and 80k 2022-2024)? How many will be lost when they realize they won't get it anytime soon? I don't think many typical F150 buyers are used to/anticipating having to wait.

They've also said that the current order log doesn't include many fleet orders (they are playing wait and see), and they quite possibly would shoehorn those new orders in that timeline to satisfy big clients ordering direct, further pushing out retail customers into 2025 and beyond.

For those who think Rivian's transparency regarding delivery timeline variables is (was?) lacking, just wait for what's about to happen with the Lightning.....Ford has basically just said, we'll deliver vehicles in various configurations and price point with no priority, based on whatever we feel like and what suits us. They won't have to deal with it, the dealers will.

They are just going to spread out allocations of a "chef's choice" to dealers around the country. I could also see some dealers/groups of dealers secretly request smaller allocations, because it's not in their interest to cannibalize ICE F150 sales for Lightning sales (which is what the majority of Lightning sales will do). There will be a TON of Lightning reservations that if told they can wait till 2023, or just buy the ICE version (recently redesigned by the way). For every 10 Lightning sales by a dealer, it probably means 7-8 fewer ICE F150 sales and declining profits from service.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Hello,

Thanks
I think about 2 weeks

Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Hello,

Thanks
I wouldn't expect anything sooner than Oct 2022. I just placed my order 2days ago. I'm not expecting anything until Nov 2022.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
You mean October 2024 and November 2024, right?
Yea you are probably right. If this is the case folks may pull out if other EVs start showing up on the market prior to R1S.

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜16 Jeep.
Occupation
Atty.
You mean October 2024 and November 2024, right?
Agree with this. If Rivian is telling the world (through its S-1 amendments) that its backorder will not clear until the end of 2023, I do not understand why anyone would think, having just placed an order in the last week/month, that he/she will take receipt of a vehicle before late 2023/early 2024.

Last edited:

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Agree with this. If Rivian is telling the world (through its S-1 amendments) that its backorder will not clear until the end of 2023, I do not understand why anyone would think, having just placed an order in the last week/month, that he/she will take receipt of a vehicle before late 2023/early 2024.
Because Rivian is being conservative but we will see. I expect the 50k T and S orders to be filled by mid 2023 (early q3).
Sponsored