Sponsored

Rivian Membership..... It's January 16 so.......

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
My 1 year falls within the current expectation of the new timeline :(. I'll whine and moan if they don't have any of the RAN stations going in my state before then though.
Yeah, mine is just barely outside the April cutoff as well, but I'm more concerned for the rest of the owners that took delivery later in the year.

I'll be honest, maybe I'm naive, but I fully expected Rivian to come out with an announcement stating something along the lines of "We realize our build-out of the RAN is taking longer than expected, and most owners haven't benefited from experiencing it yet, so we're therefore extending the membership trial for another year until the network is more robust".

Instead, they did the exact opposite.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yeah, mine is just barely outside the April cutoff as well, but I'm more concerned for the rest of the owners that took delivery later in the year.

I'll be honest, maybe I'm naive, but I fully expected Rivian to come out with an announcement stating something along the lines of "We realize our build-out of the RAN is taking longer than expected, and most owners haven't benefited from experiencing it yet, so we're therefore extending the membership trial for another year until the network is more robust".

I'm happy blaming capitalism and the fact that they are a publicly owned company now.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My 1 year falls within the current expectation of the new timeline :(. I'll whine and moan if they don't have any of the RAN stations going in my state before then though.
All these pending RAN locations "coming soon" will come online 4/1 no doubt, just in time for expiration of free charging.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

All these pending RAN locations "coming soon" will come online 4/1 no doubt, just in time for expiration of free charging.

Im sure my truck will still be in the shop when everything opens up locally ...

PITA to find a body shop that will work on the Rivian and told expect at least 2 months to get it repaired....

Sponsored

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I wanna know what membership actually is. It was vague before, and now it’s a total guess. It just seems that so many of the issues Rivian has right now amongst its consumer base are self-inflicted and could be easily avoided.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Same lol, its basicant the West Coast Adventure Network at the moment lol

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Speaking of the owl sounds. Wasn't there some talk that the interior lighting RGB might be subscription based too.. If true that would be the funniest cash grab along the lines of seat heater subscriptions and BMW.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Speaking of the owl sounds. Wasn't there some talk that the interior lighting RGB might be subscription based too.. If true that would be the funniest cash grab along the lines of seat heater subscriptions and BMW.
Yeah I think that is the speculation.

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

Free charging is worthless when the only chargers have been out west.
Out west? I'm out west (SoCal) and the nearest charger to me is 100 miles away in Barstow and it's not even close to the major freeways. So yeah, believe me, you're not missing anyway. In fact I would be curious how many owners have actually been able to charge regularly at a Rivian charger.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Out west? I'm out west (SoCal) and the nearest charger to me is 100 miles away in Barstow and it's not even close to the major freeways. So yeah, believe me, you're not missing anyway. In fact I would be curious how many owners have actually been able to charge regularly at a Rivian charger.
RAN is mostly just a marking fluff piece. Not even sure why they try with it. Hopefully increase is sales means major automakers will solve problem soon. Or even major oil retailers will adapt and have charging.

Reactions: Rad

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Yeah. Closest RAN fast charger is probably in Colorado ... I'm in Texas.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
RAN is mostly just a marking fluff piece. Not even sure why they try with it. Hopefully increase is sales means major automakers will solve problem soon. Or even major oil retailers will adapt and have charging.
They should place RAN where existing charging is insufficient or missing. The central oregon ones do this but most others are within 30 miles of EA. In Aberdeen, the EA station is 3/4 mile away! Then there is Moab- starting some initial planning for a Septemeber trip and that area is screaming for a RAN.
Sponsored