Rivian Insurance (Nationwide) Driving Data Collection

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Cant help but think that Rivian insurance must have access to individuals' driving data. Makes me wonder if I'll get a big surprise at next premium renewal. Anyone can comment?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Rivian straight up says this on their insurance page:

"Rivian Insurance integrates with our connected vehicle platform and suite of safety features to bring you tailored, data-driven coverage"

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I had to opt in to Nationwide’s smart ride app for them to track my driving data I’m order to receive an additional discount

OP
OP

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Rivian straight up says this on their insurance page:

"Rivian Insurance integrates with our connected vehicle platform and suite of safety features to bring you tailored, data-driven coverage"
Yelp ...

Thank you!

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Cant help but think that Rivian insurance must have access to individuals' driving data. Makes me wonder if I'll get a big surprise at next premium renewal. Anyone can comment?
They claim not too. During my 8 steps I specifically asked about this and they claim the only data they have access to at Nationwide is a metric tracking how often you use driver + features…

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

They claim not too. During my 8 steps I specifically asked about this and they claim the only data they have access to at Nationwide is a metric tracking how often you use driver + features…
I've also been told that's the data they have access to. Apparently in the future there will be additional policy discounts based on how much you use Driver+/Highway Assist.

Louie

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 X5 50i Msport, 2019 F150 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Going through 8 step process now and will not be going with Rivian insurance. Don't you all remember the "snapshot" from progressive insurance?

They WILL use that data to adjust your rates up/down depending on driving habits (e.g mileage driven in a day, accelerations, hard brakes, use of drive+ etc...). It seems very big brother to me so sticking with our current insurance provider (price is also the same).

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yup, I'll be for sure going with my current insurance. They would drop me like a bad habit if they see how I plan on driving this truck.
Sponsored