Rivian Insurance - Jump to Front

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I’m in the midst of 8 step and trying to decide what to do about insurance. I have a quote from Rivian, but I can get it about 15% cheaper elsewhere. Rivian has some advantages, though, in that they don’t have exclusions for offroad driving and their New Car Replacement option is much better, which is important given the automatic 15% bump in price on replacing one of these. A bird also told me that having Rivian Insurance might allow you to jump in line if you had a total loss. Again, an important thing given you’d be looking at 2-3 years to get a new truck if you went to the back of the line. Is anyone else hearing that this might be the case? I’d likely pay the additional premium if it was, especially given that my rates are likely to go down in the future due to Driver+ usage which would narrow the gap with other insurers since I’m not willing to install their app on my phone or put their monitoring devices in my truck.

I will give a major shoutout to Shylo at Rivian Insurance. She’s been awesome and totally low pressure.
Sponsored

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Yes, my agent told me exactly this.

OP
OP
Gshenderson

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Sounds like an inside job
It was, until I kicked myself out!

There's a certain level of pain getting kicked in the butt. There can even be pain in kicking butt. But there's no pain like kicking yourself in the butt!
😢🏃‍♀️

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'm happy I went with Shylo and Nationwide, and I did so over my own agent, me!
How does that affect your umbrella policy?

I tried getting a quote here for SoCal and they said they could not compete with my current policies.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
My contact has also been with Shylo. I wonder if she's the only agent? 😆

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

How does that affect your umbrella policy?

I tried getting a quote here for SoCal and they said they could not compete with my current policies.
Great question! Most carriers want all of your business, at least all of your autos together, before they'll issue an Umbrella. Nationwide requires the underlying home(s) and autos to be covered by them for an Umbrella policy to be issued.

OP
OP
Gshenderson

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ll second the shoutout for Shylo and the Rivian Insurance team! Super helpful and absolutely zero pressure to go with them vs. other options you may be considering.

OP
OP
Gshenderson

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I believe she told me there are 4 agents. Fielding inquiries from some % of 75,000 preorders 🤦‍♂️. Can’t even imagine!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I believe she told me there are 4 agents. Fielding inquiries from some % of 75,000 preorders 🤦‍♂️. Can’t even imagine!
Yes. A busy place for sure, but she and the others have all been great to work with. That said, I'm glad Shylo was the one that answered the first call I made, way back last Summer.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I have Kim. Literally probably the best interaction I've had with anyone at Rivian and tbh probably any company I can remember that assigns you a representative. Super responsive, fun to chat with, and on top of things. A++.

I will also note this. I've Literally never put any stock in interacting with an agent. Most of the time I just prefer having web based tools to do something myself. Since I've had my DL, I think I've only had "an" agent once, which was with AllState after I moved to WA and I had something progressive couldn't do for some reason IIRC. And even then, I never actually interacted with them unless their website failed me, or I felt like bitching about Drivewise. Shit, I actively look for a barber that doesn't try to make small talk and will go somewhere else if I get too many "sooo what do you do for work? What's that?" questions. So that I've appreciated interacting with the Rivian Insurance team is absolutely bizarre to me. They're knowledgeable, zero pressure, and very patient.
Sponsored