Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I don’t think I’m alone in thinking more and more frequently, “I can’t wait until I get my Rivian so I <don’t have to deal with some issue any more / gain some feature>!”

Since all of the recent reviews and videos were released, this has been popping into my mind a lot more. As just one example, yesterday one of the tires on our LR3 looked low so I decided to check pressures, only two discover that the tire was VERY low and another one was a little low.

My first thought was, “I can’t wait until I get my Rivian so TPMS will alert me to low pressure sooner!”

After I got our air tool compressor setup, I thought, “I can’t wait until I get my Rivian so I can just set the desired pressure on the built-in compressor, connect the hose kit, and move from wheel to wheel!”

Other recent examples:
I can’t wait to get my Rivian so I don’t have to get frequent oil changes!
I can’t wait to get my Rivian so I have ventilated seats!
I can’t wait to get my Rivian so people inside and outside the vehicle can speak in normal tones when discussing maneuvers and not have to shout over the ICE noise!

Just days from now I’m sure I’ll move on to:
I can’t wait to get my Rivian so I have a heated steering wheel!

Does anyone else tend to do this and has it ratcheted up in frequency?
Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

I don’t think I’m alone in thinking more and more frequently, “I can’t wait until I get my Rivian so I <don’t have to deal with some issue any more / gain some feature>!”
I can't wait to get my Rivian so I don't have to borrow my Mother in-law's truck when I need to pickup stuff up from the hardware store.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I can't wait to get my Rivian because I won't have to worry about it setting my house on fire! I guess there could always be a first time for everything though eh?

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Constantly. Our regular comment is "We can finally go there, or do that, when we get the Riv."

Last edited:

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I can't wait to get mine so I can stop renting a 7-seater every time my parents come for a visit!

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
My first EV so I guess: ' I won't have to jockey for position with other ICE vehicles at the Sam's Club gas station like we're boats at the start of an America's Cup race'.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I can't wait to get my Rivian because I won't have to worry about it setting my house on fire! I guess there could always be a first time for everything though eh?
I worry charging the Rivian sets my house on fire. I don't have a lot of faith in my local electricians :(...

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
Coming from a 4 cylinder Outback, I can't wait to get my Rivian so I don't have to strategize every time I want to pass someone!

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
R1S over Model S

1. Easier entry/exit
2. Much more interior storage
3. Much more interior space
4. Better interior materials
5. Heated steering wheel, ventilated seats
6. More comfortable and quieter ride
7. Better sound system
8. And hopefully better build quality

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Mostly hoping it combines the abilities of two of my vehicles so that I can consolidate, and not leave one of my poor cars outside the garage at night. Capable off-road machine, and great sports sedan, all in one.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I can't wait to get my R1T so:
1. I'll stop bugging the wife about buying a fast vehicle and
2. I'll have the outdoor kitchen I always wanted.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I'm replacing a Jeep GC so not a ton of difference other than no oil changes or gas fill-ups. We will have more room for the pups when we do the road trips so looking forward to the frunk.

The one I really find myself longing for is when I can stop checking the forums for any new information. Not a social media person other than a Tesla forum I never go to any longer and a couple of Rivian Forums that constantly remind my why I do not do social media....

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I'm replacing two (yes 2!) vehicles with the R1T.

Both my X and my Ram 1500 will be heading off to new owners as the R1T will be tackling both of the needs that these currently cover:
  1. Boat hauling duty
  2. Yard waste/dump runs
  3. Family grocery getter
  4. Outdoorsy fun (camping, hiking, kayaking)
  5. Doggy duty
Why the R1T vs the Ram AND the Model X?
  1. The Ram is out of warranty, and while its a diesel, it's still a Ram, I've already had to drop $8k+ into fixes (not even just maintenance). My Tesla has taught me that ICE vehicles are a giant pain in the ass and big ole wallet sucker.
  2. The Ram is not so great for jamming into a parking lot... ya end up parking out in the nose bleeds.
  3. The Ram can't tow as much.
  4. Holy $#@!, has anyone seen how much fuel costs these days?!
  5. The X.. I hate those %$#ing Falcon Wing doors:
    1. They are a giant pain in the ass in my garage (won't open fully, so don't forget anything in the back row(s) else I have to back out of my garage to get the stuff out).
    2. Just as big of a pain in the ass in parking garages (lower roof/support beams and bam.. that door will gleefully trap riders in the back, opening only so far as to allow gnomes and ferret size creatures out).
    3. I have to use a tiny trailer for my kayaks (since they can't go up top)... minor annoyance, but.. annoying.
  6. The X is not so great "off-roading" even on some of the more tame hiking trail roads are a tad unnerving to drive up in.
  7. The R1T is faster off the line (I maybe in my 40's, but mentally, I'm still 6)
  8. My dog prefers to have a window he can stick his head out (like to ride in the truck), but I hate driving around a truck that likes to randomly leak fluids.
  9. I don't need the 3rd row any more (one kid is 20+ and my in-laws prefer to drive themselves around more these days).
  10. The R1T has more usable and viable cargo room than either of the other two.
  11. Getting outdoors is way easier (easier setup for getting out for kayaking, camping, etc...) due to the quick mount bars, camp kitchen, and the RTT options (it's literally designed to do this).
  12. I'm paying car insurance for two vehicles.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
vs a 2012 Mercedes E350 4matic sedan w/131k miles:

Rivian advantage:
Power
Comfort
Style
tech
ventilated seats
HID headlights
occupant capacity
flashlight
safety
adaptive cruise
torque
0-60
drivers seat isnt ripped
there isnt a weird electrical light fault that no one can clear
not 15k+ worth of receipts in the glove box

Mercedes:
600 mile range
trunk bigger than frunk
higher redline

Draw:
neither has real leather
neither has apple car play

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
I can't wait to get my R1T so I can stop spending $80 every week at the gas pump. Waste of time and money!
Sponsored