Sponsored

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Suburban, 2019 BMW M5
I was more referencing the email from 4/23 where they laid out the high level criteria for deliveries and contacts.

They also suggested it was a good time to go in and verify the information in your account was accurate.
About as clear as “soon”, why not just state a deadline date for any updates and to submit a final configuration, and just list and state the first few areas that will be delivered first and be clear, ? oh but wait can’t do that, don’t to lead anyone to any assumptions about production. There will be very few service centers for awhile, must of the country will never be close to one for years.
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
You should probably just cancel your reservation with all the complaining you do. Do you want the truck or not? If you’re hesitant and wanting a reason to cancel, please clear the queue at your convenience so that I can move up one spot. Thank you!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I am a May 2019 reservation holder for the R1S LE in El Cap with Black 20" AT wheels. Looking forward to hearing from a guide... hopefully soon and will keep you posted when I do.
There are many of us here with Nov/Dec 2018 reservations and we aren't THAT hopeful.

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
3f600a5802f15078d248f7b42f98364e63a40749924104d3b6e9952f07c4d6b3.jpg

It's wild how whiney we've become. I've come to accept I won't get my R1T before deployment in July and I'll have to wait till I return. I think y'all need to do something similar and get lost for a few months, then be grateful when you return and your vehicle is ready.
Riviot, thank you for your service!

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
The "Ignore" function of the forum is a wonderful thing. For those of you that don't want the negative energy and trolling comments from the person who is being inflammatory in this thread then I'd suggest you try it out... I have been using it for a while. You won't even be able to see when someone quotes him. It does make the rebuttals from other users a bit confusing since you can't even see the comment that someone is rebutting but it's a trade I happily make.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Well looks like the PNW will be crawling with R1Ts by the Fall.
At least all those lucky owners will be posting scenic shots!

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

This strikes me as disingenuous since, to me, you appear to be a total fanboy… of Tesla.

Tesla can make a good product and they are a perfect match for some consumers. Tesla has also had its share of problems and I believe they‘ve missed at least two deadlines. To people who wanted and bought (or will buy) the product it was (or will be) worth the wait. I expect the same with Rivian.

If someone wants a Rivian instead of a Tesla it doesn’t invalidate the choice others made as consumers looking for the right product based on their needs. Tesla and Rivian don’t need to be the Ford/Chevy fanboy war all over again.

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
I have gone back and forth with configurations from my original choice of LA Silver (penny pinching) to Compass Yellow back to LA Silver hoping for an earlier delivery date. My family thinks I may have lost my mind. I promised to look but haven't yet found it yet. The delivery date is a concern of course but build quality is of more importance to me. I would love to see my reconfigured (back to Compass Yellow) this year but I understand the color choice and location (Nevada only allows Tesla direct sales, think Gigafactory) may be a factor in my delivery date and early 2022 is realistic. The delay may have a bright side as the early deliveries may serve to identify any early production issues. I wish to thank all the early delivery recipients for their devotion to the greater cause.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Can any of you that received a contact from Rivian introducing your Guide share what the email looked like? I have read and am familiar with the content of the email, but I am curious who sent it. Was it from your guide or was it from Rivian like the announcement emails?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Can any of you that received a contact from Rivian introducing your Guide share what the email looked like? I have read and am familiar with the content of the email, but I am curious who sent it. Was it from your guide or was it from Rivian like the announcement emails?
Came from [email protected].

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

I would cash out, save the money, get a temp ride, and enjoy that depreciation delta positive cut by this crazy used car market right now.
I just did that and ended up taking over a lease on swapalease with 11 months left. Made So much selling my car,, thousands more than we thought. Plus the guy selling his lease it threw in $1000 cash incentive.
Sponsored