IT

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
i'm WAY more curious what's under the dashboards section!
There's a zillion different signals you can check/monitor. I added a few randomly. I'm sure @OutofSpecKyle would love the data for his battery testing 😬
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Easter Egg - Steps For Display Screen 1656349474630

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
There's a zillion different signals you can check/monitor. I added a few randomly. I'm sure @OutofSpecKyle would love the data for his battery testing 😬
1656349474630.jpeg
But what's the code?
Edit: Maybe not great for genpop.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
teddyang

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
You had it....now an OTA push being readied for tonight after midnight is changing it to Hex...
Spill it so we know for sure Rivian are reading this forum if indeed an OTA push rolls out tonight!

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Of interest - did you do the first method of incrementing or tried some random patterns as others had that landed on it?

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
I'm reluctant to just post the code because it is indeed the same for all trucks. I will say it wasn't that hard to guess. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot you can "do" outside of resetting the vehicle, resetting the infotainment, disconnecting the high voltage, forcing to ready (prevent sleep) and disable ride height adjustment. I don't know if those resets are the same thing you can do with buttons or if it's an actual factory reset. I'm not brave enough to find out.

The diagnostics screen just has a bunch of random modules. It has a bunch of "mismatched" alerts for certain modules on my truck. Seems like it's validating a software hash and those are showing mismatches of what was expected?

The dashboards screen is probably the most interesting but it seems to be read-only. There's a ton components that can provide data that you can monitor. There's several for QNX which to me confirms the QNX underpinnings operating the software.

It doesn't seem to activate any sort of android debug or anything like that. I did a port scan of the wifi and tried over usb and no dice.

The absolute pack status seems to be 2kWh more than the user pack status.

Last edited:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I'm reluctant to just post the code because it is indeed the same for all trucks. I will say it wasn't that hard to guess. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot you can "do" outside of resetting the vehicle, resetting the infotainment, disconnecting the high voltage, forcing to ready (prevent sleep) and disable ride height adjustment. I don't know if those resets are the same thing you can do with buttons or if it's an actual factory reset. I'm not brave enough to find out.

The diagnostics screen just has a bunch of random modules. It has a bunch of "mismatched" alerts for certain modules on my truck. Seems like it's validating a software hash and those are showing mismatches of what was expected?

The dashboards screen is probably the most interesting but it seems to be read-only. There's a ton components that can provide data that you can monitor. There's several for QNX which to me confirms the QNX underpinnings operating the software.

It doesn't seem to activate any sort of android debug or anything like that. I did a port scan of the wifi and tried over usb and no dice.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Easter Egg - Steps For Display Screen lame-sign