Sponsored

Rivian adjustable air suspension

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Tesla will not pay for repairs if the damage occurred from an external source. You will have to pay for that repair yourself. The warranty still remains in effect, in my experience.
I agree as a general proposition. However, I have found at least our local Tesla service people to be somewhat forgiving. When electricity and gas stations were out for more than a week after Hurricane Irma, I used my Model S (which I was keeping charged off a whole-house generator) to shuttle friends who were staying with me to check on their own properties. On one run I hit some standing water at too fast a clip and tore part of the underbody shield off my car.

Even though it was clearly not covered by warranty, my Tesla service guy replaced it for free without my even asking. I was almost embarrassed by the generosity of it.
Sponsored

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Given that the frame has to be super-rigid to protect all that battery, and the level of fine-grained attention to detail they've demonstrated for all other aspects of the vehicle, I imagine this will be the best possible air suspension system it can be. It's an obvious huge priority to focus on from the driving/off-roading quality standard. How much they can offset the down-sides of air can only be speculated on but they don't strike me as a company that doesn't put a ton of thought, practical real world testing, and domain expert consultation into every design decision they make.